Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Firmware upgrade fro Xtrac v2???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware upgrade fro Xtrac v2???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albertr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Belkin GPS (repacked Fortuna Clip-On) and my ST firmware version reads:

$Version 2.3.2-GSW2-2.05.024-C1PROD1.0

XT firmware was ver.1, it's easy to tell since light stays orange on lock in XT mode. I've upgraded to 2.x from fortuna website (took a few attempts to succeed), but didn't do any real-life testing yet. My primary usage is inside the car, that's why I thought to give XT 2.x a try...
-albertr
mindseye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a more definitive guide to the "paper clip" method of erasing your flash memory?
sharky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Can you help me? Reply with quote

geoff2 wrote:
I have just flashed my Fortuna ClipOn to V2 with no problems. I put the update on a floppy and the procedure worked as per the instructions. I also found that the sensitivity to be greater , 9 satellites indoors!, or perhaps it's due to the better weather

Please can you tell me what kind of hardware is needed so the PC can "see" the Fortune Clip-On??

Sharky.
dogo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you help me? Reply with quote

sharky wrote:
geoff2 wrote:
I have just flashed my Fortuna ClipOn to V2 with no problems. I put the update on a floppy and the procedure worked as per the instructions. I also found that the sensitivity to be greater , 9 satellites indoors!, or perhaps it's due to the better weather

Please can you tell me what kind of hardware is needed so the PC can "see" the Fortune Clip-On??

Sharky.

Hi I take it, It has Bluetooth! if that is the case then a Belkin bluetooth USB adapter would do the trick, i got mine for 12.99 from Argos Normally 29.99..

dogo
PeteT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I might have a suggestion for anyone upgrading there clipon. I tried numerious times (8+) before it worked. I had various errors Evil or Very Mad . The time i did get it to work, i moved the switch across from ST to XT with a pin, not my stylus. I noticed that the switch moved further across this time Idea , and it worked first time :D . I then tried it on a second clipon unit and it worked first time again. :D :D

I hope this might help someone.

Pete
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help me get my Clip on upgraded?

I've read every thread on here and also on gpspassion, but still cannot get it to work.

I'm using an HP nc6000 laptop and have upgraded the firmware and drivers for that, which allowed me to get a little further!

I can now run up cliponsyncBT, and from there toggle comm port off -> on, which communicates with the Clip On fine, from BT manager I can see the port is opened.

I then click Link to Fortuna GPS, then Execute, and within 5 odd secs I just a message saying "Fail", and a message in cliponsyncBT saying "Target not responding"

Help, I've spent hours on this!

cheers,

Greg
alessio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

What PC device are you using to upgrade the firmware from? A floppy drive? I'm having the same sort of issue. Mine came with Xtrac 2.02 but there is another bug in case you didn't know. The receiver will report a year of 2024 from time to time. They have a fix for this, a file called BTled232SSTDateSolve.s.txt...I could give more info on this if you want.

Please let me know.
Alessio Cesar
Smile
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alessio,

I am trying to update from a USB memory stick, I've changed the drive letter so it is seen as drive a, but no joy Sad

Please share the info on the other fix you have as well :D

cheers,

greg
DW4444
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a minor point but I eventually managed to upgrade to V2 (and then came back to V1 as I found problems under tree cover). Downloading the code in both instances was a right pain and took many many attempts. For no good reason, the time it worked was when I had the Fortuna unit right next to the bluetooth dongle. I can't see tht this should make any difference as the comms light showed everyhting OK but maybe its susceptible to interference / dropout during the download process.

Sorry, can't be more help. I tried almost everything on this forum and it just eventually worked !
alessio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Here is what I got...I will need your email address to send you the files...
They claim that you must use a floppy drive to store the file owing access time reasons....Not so sure about that!

"Hi,
> >
> > Sorry about the problem.
> > > >
> > > > This problem should be happened only under ST
> > mode.
> > > >
> > > > Please follow up the instruction and upgrade the
> > > > firmware under ST mode.
Sorry about the problem.

> >
> > The steps of upgrade BTled232SSTDateSolve.s.txt is
> > same as the steps in the
> > instruction, so please just follow up the
> > instruction and execute the
> > upgrade under ST mode.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > FORTUNA

regards,
alessiocesar
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to flash my Clip On. As soon as I got a floppy drive it worked first time,

cheers,

Greg
UKSkidMark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed Ernieken's guide on page 4, worked fine. Note that there's a correction to step 6 further down the page.

Went from:
SW Ver: 2.4.11.01XFortunaC2-

To:
Version 2.4.13.01-Xtrac2.0.2-C3EVAL1.0*05

Now to test it in the real world.
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i flashed mine in st mode... what should i do to get it back? can i sent it back to fortuna=?
CF: Lexar 256 MB
Poporta Alu-Case
GIS_ARC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Boot Problem ... Exasperation Reply with quote

I had a boot problem on my Fortuna clip on today - It never got a lock - not in 3 hours with a horizon view. I took the battery out twice adn finally it worked. (This has to be a firmware issue) - I think I've a version 1.0. I found this thread via Google and thought I might flash to V2 but having read this debacle I'm totally dismayed at the lack of clarity or guidance from Fortuna themselves. I think I counted about 5 people who's units went down attempting the upgrade then to cap it all someone says at the conclusion of the thread that they are reverting to V1?

Now look on Fortuna's support download site and the flas file is not there. Now does that instill anyone with anything but doubt?

I'VE ALSO GOT TO SAY THIS - THE STD TO XT SWITCH IS THE STUPIDEST MOST USELESS BIT OF HARDWARE I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS AND FORTUNA NEED TO CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Evil or Very Mad

I think you guys have admirable levels of tolerance.
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine replaced.. i know its works fine again.
CF: Lexar 256 MB
Poporta Alu-Case

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: