Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 530 PGPS Vs TT Prem camera service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 530 PGPS Vs TT Prem camera service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fopa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: GO 530 PGPS Vs TT Prem camera service Reply with quote

Hi,

I have had my go530 for around 18 months now, and i recently had an issue where the device wasnt functioning correctly. TT wanted me to send the device so they could charge me £££ however i fixed the issue by simply using an external memory card thus saving me at least £50.

During these issues i got caught by a mobile camera on the M180 doing 86mph so not best pleased to say the least. Therefore i thought it would be best to get an update in terms of safety cameras and naturally the best option driving at the right speed.

I was reading over at TT about the difference's in the Databases that PGPS and TT use, so i want to clarify before i go ahead and get myself a subscription here.

GO530 wont be a problem will it?
I simply add the PGPS DB into the map folder on the TT (after back up etc)?
By adding this DB, when connecting to TTHome it will not cause any issues?

I look forward to any responses.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, the PGPSW database will work fine with the device you have got, it also includes the locations known where mobile cameras operate from which might have saved the M180 issue as the TT Mobile camera coverage isn't worth a jott (neither is the fixed camera database they supply IMHO).

If you need any advice installing and configuring the camera database on your device just ask as we have extensive guides that cover this and it doesn't take very long, combine this with a weekly update and the chance to earn a lifetime membership for free I don't think you will look back - Mike
fopa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Mike. It was your responses i read over at TT also, very informative.

Right i shall get myself a membership and get reading that install guide Smile

Thanks again!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mike says it will work just fine on the Go530. You can also download voices for the warnings, or even type your own in as I do for all the different camera types and speeds Laughing works great.
fopa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply pocket.

I still need to sort my subscription out, as the paypal method is the only one, where usually paypal also offers the alternative of paying via card without having the paypal account.

I have the weekend to get myself sorted out though.
fopa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my subscription but my device wont power correctly d'oh.

I have downloaded the files do i have to disable the current safety cameras provided by tt before i set up the new POI's
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fopa wrote:
I have my subscription but my device wont power correctly d'oh.

Can you say exactly what the symptoms are? Installing the PGPSW camera data cannot affect power-up unless something else has got deleted or messed up at the same time.
If it won't power up, I'm not sure how we can get very far with your second question!

fopa wrote:
I I have downloaded the files do i have to disable the current safety cameras provided by tt before i set up the new POI's

That's entirely up to you. You can run both sets of data side-by-side if you like. It will also show you how many camera locations are missing from the TomTom data (especially possible mobile sites).
If you then get bored with two sets of warnings you can switch off the TomTom-supplied ones in the Preferences menu, or you can remove the files completely, using TomTom Home.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: