Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Required in selecting Brodit Holder
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Required in selecting Brodit Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerk9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Help Required in selecting Brodit Holder Reply with quote

I recentlu purchased a Brodit Active Holder for my Tomtom XL Live IQ Routes Edition. Most retailers offer 2 versions but little help in deciding which to order.
I ordered a 1st edition model as I was told the Black XL Live is not the 2nd edition model. On receipt my Tomtom did not fit fully into the holder and when I contacted the supplier they clearly have little technical knowledge and passed the problem to the UK main distributor who themselves seem to have little technical knowledge and suggested that I should try the 2nd edition model whilst at the same time confirming that I had ordered the right version for my model of Tomtom. They additionally suggested that perhaps Tomtom have changed the molding.

Is there anyone who has experienced similar problems and has resolved the issue as I have no confidence that the UK Brodit main distributor will resolve this.

Regards
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the Brodit stuff, it's overpriced and not very good either, you can find better on Ebay/7dayshop for less, do yourself a favour & send it back and get a refund.

You could alternatively look for an Arkon mount & a bean bag dashmount, that way you just stick the Arkon to the bean bag dashmount & you get no sticky marks on the windscreen or anything permanently attached to your dash to advertise that you may have a sat nav in the car. Smile
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always used Brodit mounts and use the UK distributor DSL Developments.

When I bought my TT720 back in 207 I also bought the Brodit Molex powered active mount which has 2 male connecters on short leads coming from it. 1 is a 6 pin the other a 4 pin. The 6 pin powers the TT 720, the 4 pin is for powering either a mobile phone or external GPS unit.

When I got my XDA Orbit Guide I needed a Molex to Mini USB cable to power it, odered it from DSL only to find that the cable supplied also had a 4 pin male connector. Phoned David at DSL and it turned out that Molex had changed their units in the last 18 months to have 2 female connectors.

David managed to get the old style cable directly from Molex in Sweden within a coulpe of days even though it was obsolete.

Give David a call on 01759-371275 I'm sure he will be able to resolve your problem.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: