Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - go 720 to 750 live help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

go 720 to 750 live help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcgh2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: go 720 to 750 live help Reply with quote

just got a go 750 live and i want to transfer my favourites from old 720 to new 750 but i cant locate the files for 'favourite'

there is 3 years of european trips and favourites on the old one and i dont want to lose them.

can anyone help???please

now the rant the 750 has a 2gig less os usage so about 19** something storage ..
BUT the new 'European map is over 2 gig Mad so its partitioned into 4 parts and to do my next tour i need 3 different sections to be downloaded totalling ( if i did) over 4 gig approx. so of to maplins tomorrow to buy a 4gig micro so i can download the 2. something maps
gh
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file you want in in the Western & Central Europe directory called mapsettings.cfg.

I am not sure how well it will transfer between device and maps, but one trick is to copy it across then run "Operate my Device/Go" in HOME before the Go is restarted and this rewrites the file for the new device.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't use favourites ,Just make a new poi I learnt that a long time ago as it's much easier
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the FAQ page by clicking Here how to convert the file that contains your Favourites in to a custom POI file (ov2) is covered by #15 - Mike
dcgh2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have a look at the FAQ page by clicking Here how to convert the file that contains your Favourites in to a custom POI file (ov2) is covered by #15 - Mike

thanks
i will get a friend who is more savvy with computers to go thro this for me soon but at the moment i am seething with tom tom please see my other thread... are tom tom con people??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: