Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman S505D POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman S505D POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Navman S505D POIs Reply with quote

I have just got the S505D satnav but it came with the cable missing to connect to my PC, that is now on its way to me. I have tried to find out how many custom POIs I can load and emailed MIO support twice, the first over a week ago, the second 5 days ago but got no reply. I telephoned Navman todayand spoke to sales. I was told that with the S505D, I can load 23 catorgories of 12,000 POIs each. I asked about loading the camera data from Pocketgps and was told no problem. They also said I can halve the catorgies and double the POIs to each ( 24,000 ) but I was then told to contact support for more info. The Pocketgps page says that the S series has a 12,000 limit and cant load the full database without exceeding the limit, but says nothing about catorgories. Deos the S70 S80 and S90i have 23 catorgories as well and if not, does this mean I can use the full database with my S505D? Perhaps in time there support will email me back.
madams
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought ba Mio Spirit 505TMC and have loaded the Pocket GPS .csv folder of seperate files for each speed limit. this loaded fine but I havent got any warning sounds just a banner at the bottom of the screen informing me of the approaching camera.
This didnt cause any buffer overload or anything nasty to happen.
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Navman S505D POIs Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I got my cable today so will try later tonight to see if I can install the full database. I did make another post ( NAVMAN S505D POIs WRONG INFO GIVEN ) The first time I spoke to Navman I was told that the S505D had 23 catorgories of 12,000 POIs each which I can install custom POIs onto and I was also told that I can load the camera database with no problem. I have since spoke to them again and I was told that I was given the wrong info the first time I called and I can load the database but not the Pmobile onto the S505D, but I will try tonight to see.
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Navman S505D POIs Reply with quote

I loaded all the camera data last night but used the Consolidated type as you said you had no sound, I did not want to load the seperate files for each speed if I got no sound. I also had trouble finding a wav file. After a second try I found the folder and now have sound. I will try the seperate speed files later.
brian8267
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: POI installation !! Reply with quote

Hi there. New to the forum and just purchase the S505. you seam to know what you'r talking about and can you help a newbie like me ?!
in simple, stupid terms, can you tell me how i download the POI file from this site ? also, do you know how to activate the TMC and change the radio station that it receives its info from ?
many thanx
Brian
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Navman S505D Reply with quote

Hi

At the moment I use the consolidated download until Navman / Mio explain what they have said in emails to me this week.

This is how I do it. From the Pocketgpsworld camera data section I click on Navman then select Consolidated by type ( Gatso, Mobile, etc) Down load data and unzip . I make a folder and name it data and keep it on the desktop. I copy each file from the zip to this folder , but I don’t copy the camera icons as I have made my own with photoshop. My icon folder I copy also to the desktop, I just find everything easy to find from there. Connect Navman to pc and turn on, click on Miomore desktop.
At the top there is Source file, click browse, desktop, data. In file name I type *.* then open, double click on Gatso. Under new category I type Gatso. On alert settings I tick visual and audio. Under visual I click browse, camera icons and double click the icon for Gatso and so on. Under audio I clicked add, Mio Navman, Navman, POIs and in there was the speed camera wav file. Perhaps I do it a long winded way, but its the only way I know.

I have tried to load the speed zoned data and I don’t get any error messages , but my S505D will freeze and work very slow and have to reset.

I have been sent two email this week from Mio / Navman.

One said ,

You can download the Pocketgpsworld camera database, but you would need to save your maps on an SD card first in order to be able to fully download the Pocketgpsworld, by doing that it should work

The other said

On the device you can have 23 catergories with 12000 as limit each. Best thing to do is in order to have all the data from pocketgpsworld, is when downloading the file , to edit it that it can fit in 2 seperate folders (half it) That way it will be able to fit.

I have wrote to ask them to explain what they mean, perhaps someone looking can explain.

I have been told by phone about the 23 catergories and half it before, but on a second call to them I was told they had given me the wrong info

You asked about the TMC, I think you should leave it on Auto. Mine seems to get Classic more than Magic. The car charger acts like an aerial to pick up the TMC info so I get nothing if its turned on indoors.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: