Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WARNING DO NOT INSTALL NEW NAVCORE9 ON GO940
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING DO NOT INSTALL NEW NAVCORE9 ON GO940

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: WARNING DO NOT INSTALL NEW NAVCORE9 ON GO940 Reply with quote

As per the other thread this update offered by Home stops the SIM from working.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WARNING DO NOT INSTALL NEW NAVCORE9 ON GO940

... unless of course you have a good backup you can revert to! Smile

I can confirm you can roll back to v8 successfully.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they keep releasing these technological inadequacies? At the very least you'd think they could get their own staff to try prototype software in the real world before unleashing it Rolling Eyes
Kia In-dash Tomtom
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pretend to be shocked but I'm way past the point of expecting competence from TomTom. Doesn't work on a 740 either. The SIM error is exactly the same as you get when you try to run a x50 navcore on a x40 device. I guess they're using their customers as beta testers to see if that navcore works without them putting in any effort to make it compatible with older devices.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any mention of resets being performed by anyone - only reloading the application?

The only reason I mention this is that when Nav9 was released for the XL LIVE all my LIVE services stopped with loads of random errors.

Worth trying the following

Perform a reset to factory settings
Perform a power button reset - keep it held in until after the drum roll and the screen appears with the small text on it. Now briefly press the power button and the GO will power back on.
Perform another reset to factory settings
For good measure run clear flash a few times (3 is recommended)
Now another factory reset

Now set up with home location, username and password for LIVE etc. Make sure you do a navigate to... as this will prompt you to choose the country for the maps. Now get a satellite fix - Nav9 doesn't seem to like kickstarting the LIVE services into action until it has had a satellite fix.

Worth a try???
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it all. It won't even let you get as far as trying to put your username and password in. The network screen shows and all the usual four lines of information comes up except it will not show connected, although from the interference it makes on my computer speakers, it sounds like it is talking.

I have used 950 navcores on the 940 before and did not have this issue, but did suffer from the battery flattening when off and if an error occured on live services it gave up rather than retrying.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it is a dodgy release then.

Why don't you install the 9.054 from the XL LIVE over the top manually and see what happens???

Available here

Bootlader in this is 5.5138 so won't upgrade 5.5260
stephenbeharrell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Yep me too Reply with quote

Just to confirm what others have found, the only solution is to revert to your backup. No amount of resets work - I thought TTs were supposed to save time!!!
I wait with interest on TTs customer service reply.
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys - just to confirm, I tried this update on my Go 540, and exactly the same thing happend (Sim card 1008 error).

Thought I'd add my tuppence Smile
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Navcore 9 Reply with quote

Hi

Installed this new navcore and 740 is throwing 1008 error, when it comes to live services. Contacted Tomtom and after they made me try all possible solutions, the case has now been referred one level up.

Removed the new application from interal memory and reinstalled the back up with navcore 8 something but live services still will not work and give error 1008. Am I doing something wrong? please.

ratom
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Navcore 9 and error 1008 Reply with quote

Hi

Installed this new navcore and 740 is throwing 1008 error, when it comes to live services. Contacted Tomtom and after they made me try all possible solutions, the case has now been referred one level up.

Removed the new application from interal memory and reinstalled the back up with navcore 8 something but live services still will not work and give error 1008. Am I doing something wrong? please.

ratom
radville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What now? I'm so fed up with technology, it's one thing after another! I didn't see there was a problem before I downloaded. Please tell me what I should do. Will the error be fixed to run with this lovely new upgrade and should I leave it or should I revert to a backup? Now I'm not sure if I have ever backed up if I have I won't be able to do it till I go home to my pc and then how do I do it? My wife's going to go mad all I do is try and fix things that I was prompted to do in the first place, PLEASE HELP
D
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radville wrote:
Now I'm not sure if I have ever backed up if I have I won't be able to do it till I go home to my pc and then how do I do it?D

Instructions for backing up can be found in the TomTom FAQs sticky at the beginning of the TomTom PNDs forum. It is advisable always to back up using this method before installing new software or maps.

It's also wise to check the forum before downloading "upgrades" from TomTom. Some of our users will post their findings, and warnings, pretty soon after the release, so you can make an informed decision whether to go ahead.
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: