Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
This huge gaffe (huge even by Tomtom's standards) is now nearly a month old, with no hint of a fix.

Great work, Tomtom. Rolling Eyes

Only a month - yes, quite along time, even by TT's standards. However, I have also been chasing them for the lack of alerts on stoplight cameras for over 6 weeks now, but they can't fix it and say they have no idea when it will be resolved. (Yes, I know, the PGPS camera alerts are better than TT's, but this is on a 540 Live that came with 12 months free Live.)

Trouble is, the remainder of Live works well and I would prefer to stick with it. It seems that TT have other ideas however. I sometimes wonder if they really want customers - or is there some kind of death wish to get rid of them all?
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, there is a fix being tested.
http://twitter.com/jonhoneyball/status/21049721666
GMC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
Apparently, there is a fix being tested.
http://twitter.com/jonhoneyball/status/21049721666

Excellent, and thanks for the quick response (even by the standards of PGPS!).

It just amazes me that TT have yet to learn how to communicate with its poor, long-suffering customers when something goes wrong. Instead we have to rely upon a site like this. It is so easy in this digital age, and yet they seem quite unable to grasp the concept....
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems odd though that they should be testing this update when they didn't test the first. Confused
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Tomtom's techies spend more time in the local cafés than they do coding if-you-know-what-I-mean-and-I-think-you-do.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wouldn't any competent organisation that actually cared about its corporate good name do the following:-

(a) Immediately withdraw the continued release of Navcore 9 for all x40 series units via TomTom Home until the problem has been fixed

(b) Send an email of apology and explanation for the problem to all registered owners of x40 series units using their existing registered customers database. This email would also contain an explanation of how to roll back to Navcore 8.371 for those users who has installed Navcore 9.054 and found that it had broken their Live Services.

But no they just carry on allowing more and more owners to break their units by installing Navcore 9.054 through TomTom Home and their customer service reps in Holland keep on annoying customers on the phone who call them for help by telling them how they only cycle to get to work or anywhere else and so never use a TomTom Satnav unit themselves. Evil or Very Mad
GMC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the clue is in your use of the word 'competent' - they aren't when it comes to dealing with customers, it's as simple as that.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMC wrote:
I think the clue is in your use of the word 'competent' - they aren't when it comes to dealing with customers, it's as simple as that.

You mean like they also aren't good at making batteries that can actually hold their charge and don't unexpectedly run down when the unit is off and like they also aren't any good at actually updating maps with map changes that they have sold to customers in bogus map update services. Or like they also aren't good at letting customers automatically download and reinstall from their website the map the unit would have originally had when the customer bought it if the worst happens and the customer gets their unit software scrambled and has no backup. Or like they can't work out how someone with a 9XX series unit clearly isn't willing to pay as much to update both a European and a North American as a customer who has only a European or a North American map would pat per map (because they can only obviously use one of these maps far more occasionally than the other).

The executive directors of this company seem to be completely out of touch with what is going on and whoever is technical director of the company seems to be totally clueless about the importance of getting all these issues resolved.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connected to Home today and note that the broken update is still being offered. Rolling Eyes
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
Connected to Home today and note that the broken update is still being offered. Rolling Eyes

I hope that you weren't surprised..................
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:

Hard to believe why TomTom couldn't see how the availability of the buggy update would cause themselves more problems when customers who are blissfully unaware of this bug installed it and ended up with faulty Live services. Now I'm no IT expert, but surely IP ranges (the uk ranges) could have been utilized to identify the UK device's that were connected, and thus not offer this update, leaving the rest of the world to download as necessary.

Surprisingly, I've just ran Home and i am no longer being offered the update. If the length of time it's taken them to pull the budged version is anything to go by, I won't hold my breath for the new fix.

On a positive note, my current application version/Live services have been excellent recently. No issues of connections and good HD traffic data which I've been using heavily recently. Hats to TT for this. Credit where credit's due.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have just logged on to TT Home with my 940 and I am still being offered the update. So if the previous poster was not being offered it does that mean they have now fixed it???? Confused

SDM197.
madgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have just logged on to TT Home with my 940 and I am still being offered the update. So if the previous poster was not being offered it does that mean they have now fixed it???? Confused

SDM197.

Is it higher than version 9.054? If not, I imagine it's the same old faulty update.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a fix in, it should have a different version number.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just connected to TomTom Home with my UK purchased 940 Live and am still being offered a v 9.054 Navcore Update. However I'm currently connected to the internet from a Telefonica Spanish ADSL IP address so I suppose its possible those connection from UK IP addresses are no longer being offered this Navcore.

In any case I'm definitely sticking with v9.026 for the time being.

Both Google Search and Weather are working fine out here in Spain with my UK TomTom SIM but oddly TomTom has still to launch an HD Traffic service for Spain. Last time I visited Barcelona and Madrid there was plenty of bad traffic there and Vodafone seems to have a large transmitter network in this country.

So far as speed cameras are concerned the only fixed cameras in operation on Mallorca seem to be within 10km of the capital Palma. Out here in the far flung East there are no fixed cams or mobile cams reported in the three local towns although I notice that the Policia Local in Son Severa seem to have acquired a speed gun from the three or so mobile camera locations reported there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: