Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Invalid xml
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Invalid xml

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
essexgeeza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Invalid xml Reply with quote

Greetings,

I just installed POI Edit and I am having trouble connecting to the POISYNC site. When I try to update I just get the message "invalid xml", but I can use any of the other sites listed with no problems. Is there an alternative link to the pocketgps POI databases?

I am using a 1940 and TomTom 3 with POI Warning if this makes a difference.

Many thanks,

essexgeeza
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What address are you pointing POIEdit to ?
essexgeeza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Invalid xml Reply with quote

It is set to the default in POI Edit:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poisync/pocketgps.xml

Is there an alternative? I am brand new to PDAs and navigation gizmos and I feel a little out of my depth at the moment!

Many thanks,

essexgeeza
essexgeeza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Invalid xml Reply with quote

Oh yes and I am using POI Edit 3.2

Would it be a good idea to download an earlier version?

Thanks,

essexgeeza

8O
essexgeeza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Still Invalid XML Reply with quote

Can someone help at all? This query is still unresulved and doing my head in a bit!! Crying or Very sad
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POIEdit 3.2 is the latest version, and I have just installed it here to my backup laptop and it's gone in fine and connected to the POI-Sync service.

We haven't had any other complaints so it must be something local to your PC or to your ISP.

If it's complaining about a corrupted XML file, then you may have a cache of this on your local hard drive, search for pocketgps.xml and if you find any copies, delete them. Also try emptying your temporary internet folder and cookies just in case and restart before attempting to come back to the site.

The other problem maybe you have your security settings set too high, or you have privacy software installed or firewall software that is stopping you downloading the XML file. Some XML files are considered dangerous, but all ours does is contain links to where the files are stored and are completely harmless.
essexgeeza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for your time, Dave.

As I said, I can download POIs from all the other URLs listed in POIEdit 3.2 so it seems to be specific to the pocketgps one. I tried connecting with a different ISP and with the lowest security and no firewall but to no avail. I guess I will have to use the other sites until I get a new PC that wants to play ball a little more.

Confused
selwonk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm experiencing a very similar problem. I can download everything apart from POIHandler which throws an XML error. What's weird is that it was working yesterday afternoon. I've tried downloading the previous versions but it continues to install 3.8 even though I've physically uninstalled and regcleaned to try and get rid of the old version

Mike Knowles
Gwyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with POIHandler, has been like this for a few days. No problem with the other sites.
selwonk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - easy fix Gywn. I'm not at the office so I'm working from memory...

Find the DNote folder in Program Files and open the Poi Edit folder. Within that folder there are several file names ending in XML. These match the sites in your site names list. Delete the site files which are experiencing the problem and when you launch Poi Edit it should retrieve the files again and solve the problem

Hope this helps...

Mike Knowles

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: