Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Apple's new iPad WiFi 3G reviewed.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple's new iPad WiFi 3G reviewed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evilution - great article!
dj350z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: No camera Reply with quote

A very informative and interesting review of the iPad. I am just wondering if the lack of a camera is a deliberate ploy from Apple to introduce at a later stage to keep sales moving!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

dj350z wrote:
A very informative and interesting review of the iPad. I am just wondering if the lack of a camera is a deliberate ploy from Apple to introduce at a later stage to keep sales moving!

maybe. or maybe they just thought it was too big a device to be holding up to take photo's with. like you wouldn't expect to hold a netbook up to take a photo... would you?

MaFt
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
dj350z wrote:

maybe. or maybe they just thought it was too big a device to be holding up to take photo's with. like you wouldn't expect to hold a netbook up to take a photo... would you?

MaFt

I dont think it is too big. It is certainly less heavy than my SLR camera and with such a big screen it would give an ideal preview.

I think it is more a case of they cant make a perfect device so lets see what users really want (and sell them the new device next year).
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
I dont think it is too big. It is certainly less heavy than my SLR camera and with such a big screen it would give an ideal preview.

ah, i never said anything about weight! and are you really comparing a digital SLR with a 'phone camera'?! would you honestly not feel self-concious holding up an iPad to take a photo?!

MaFt
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
...would you honestly not feel self-concious holding up an iPad to take a photo?!...

Wouldnt bother me at all unless it was in an area where I might get mugged, but then I wouldnt get my SLR out there either...
dj350z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

Does anyone know if you already subscribe to MobileMe and Sky Mobile TV can you use the relevant apps on the iPad without having to subscribe again?

Cheers
Dave
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

dj350z wrote:
Does anyone know if you already subscribe to MobileMe and Sky Mobile TV can you use the relevant apps on the iPad without having to subscribe again?

Cheers
Dave

I dont know about the Sky Mobile TV but the MobileMe works great. I have it on both the iPhones and my iPad and the Macs and all is kept nicely in sync.
dj350z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
dj350z wrote:

Cheers
Dave

I dont know about the Sky Mobile TV but the MobileMe works great. I have it on both the iPhones and my iPad and the Macs and all is kept nicely in sync.

Thanks for the reply.
So you have iPhone as well as iPad and you only have one subscription to MobileMe. Is that correct?
Dave
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

dj350z wrote:
MikeB wrote:
dj350z wrote:

Cheers
Dave

Thanks for the reply.
So you have iPhone as well as iPad and you only have one subscription to MobileMe. Is that correct?
Dave

Yes, that is correct.

MobileMe works on as many devices as you have. I currently have it on 2 iPhones, 3 Macs and my iPad. MobileMe is all about sharing and syncing information between devices.

If I add or change a contact on my iPhone the changes appear pretty quickly on all my devices/computers. Likewise it allows me to share my email account over the various devices, files etc...
dj350z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Very helpful.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
If I add or change a contact on my iPhone the changes appear pretty quickly on all my devices/computers. Likewise it allows me to share my email account over the various devices, files etc...

i use spanning sync on my macbook pro which syncs mobile me calendar and contacts with google calendar and gmail contacts- works both ways. so any contacts or events i change on mac or iphone or android phone are all synced together. i also use thunderbird for my emails along with both the 'lightning' calendar plug and 'provider for google calendar' meaning all calendars are also synced with my email program's calendar.

thinking about it sends my head funny, but it works a treat! the only 'issue' is that the macbook pro is the 'main' device so without this being on, things don't sync - i.e. you need to have spanning sync running for it all to work.

MaFt
dj350z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Sky mobile TV Reply with quote

I have just had an email from Sky confirming that the subscription is only valid on one device and you have to pay another £6 to use on the iPad. There is a discount available if you subscribe to SkySports - which I don't, but then I probably wouldn't want it on the iPad then, anyway.
They can transfer the subscription from the iPhone onto the Ipad, which is what I will probably do when I get the iPad.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a carrier update today (after a disasterous 3.2.1 update!) that changed my APN from three.co.uk to 3internet. Does anybody know if I should leave this setting or put it back as it was?
Evilution
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works ok, leave it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: