Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One XL Live IQ Help needed please (freezing + restarting)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One XL Live IQ Help needed please (freezing + restarting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is the same as my solution bar the manual deletion of the ephem data and running clearflash Very Happy

JNS - you might want to edit your post and remove your device id.

A reset to factory settings should empty the ephem folder IIRC. Clearflash is always useful to run every now and then.
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to make your head get too big though Andy! Wink

Thanks for the help though! Very Happy

Ironic that TT didn't listen to what I said but the solution was immediatly given to me on here!

What does clearflash actually do and how often should I run it?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saultee wrote:

What does clearflash actually do and how often should I run it?

It clears an area of the internal memory that doesn't get reset during a normal reset or reboot and that can get over-full.

It's only intended to be run if you have a specific problem, but there is no harm in running it at any other time. I have it available on my PC but haven't felt the need to use it for months.

(Edited: to turn "have" into "haven't" in the last line, which makes a lot more sense!)

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't something you need to do very often, but if you get any odd behaviour it is a good idea to run clearflash as well as the resets - some files remain on the internal memory and if they are corrupted then all kinds of unexplainable things can happen such as random reboots.
geoffers56
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: XL Live IQ Routes Freezing / Rebooting and HD Problems Reply with quote

I have had exactly the same problem on my unit which is only 3 moths old. Tomtom finally accepted there was a problem and I returned the unit for repair. Unit returned 5 days later, no hardware faults found, but it now has a completely new software system installed, with new menus, better map display and it appears to respond much quicker. Since its return it has not rebooted once, finds satelites within 5 -15 seconds, before it could take minutes, and connects to the HD traffic system. If your unit is still under warranty be persistant with Tomtom support, they have a legal obligation to repair or replace your unit!
One downside to this is that latest version of Totom HOME is not fully compatible with my units OS, in that it will not let me operate the unit via. my PC, however this is a very small price to pay for the unit now working as it should do.
For reference my maps are Western Europe 2GB v845.2646 and the OS 515773.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is the recently released 9.053 for the XL LIVE. I actually find it slightly slower than 8.419 which was the previous release for this model, especially of you have TT Fuel and Safety Alerts installed. It takes an age to plan a long route as it tries to calculate the cheapest fuel on route and how many speedcams there are.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
if you have TT Fuel and Safety Alerts installed. It takes an age to plan a long route as it tries to calculate the cheapest fuel on route and how many speedcams there are.
And so the moral of the story is - they are both rubbish anyway, delete them! Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: