Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Importing POI to a TomTom Carminat using HOME
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing POI to a TomTom Carminat using HOME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lundavra
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Importing POI to a TomTom Carminat using HOME Reply with quote

I am trying to import some POI to the TomTom Carminat built into my Renault.

I can convert the .GPX file to .OV2 and .ITN but I cannot get the TomTom HOME program to see these so I can transfer to the memory card. I have done it once before and can't I remember how I did it (I know I had a lot of problems then).

I must spent at least an hour trying different ways but can't get anywhere.

I wonder if anyone can suggest how to do this?

It is really frustrating, I could do the same in a couple of minutes with my old Garmin!

MB
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Importing POI to a TomTom Carminat using HOME Reply with quote

lundavra wrote:
I cannot get the TomTom HOME program to see these so I can transfer to the memory card.

If you're just transferring the files from your computer to a memory card you don't need to use HOME. Just copy the files to the card using Windows Explorer.
Samsung Galaxy S21
lundavra
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Importing POI to a TomTom Carminat using HOME Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
lundavra wrote:
I cannot get the TomTom HOME program to see these so I can transfer to the memory card.

If you're just transferring the files from your computer to a memory card you don't need to use HOME. Just copy the files to the card using Windows Explorer.

I was wondering about doing that, will give a try.

Thanks

MB
wwhite139
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Carminat Reply with quote

Just a short note to let you know that I have a carminat system in my Laguna Coupe, and have successfully added the camera database (TomTom OV2 consolidated by type) files to the system as described here by pocketgpsworld, namely putting the sd card into a reader on the PC/ Laptop and copying the files into the map folder. You do have to set the distance for each speed group warning individually, but that is a once only operation. Next time just drag and drop the new database files into the same map folder on the sd card and "overwrite" the existing ones. As a side note, I have discovered that pressing the "Mute" button twice quickly, disables the warnings when not using the sat nav in guide mode, and can be re-enabled by pressing the "Repeat" button once. Would like someone else to corroborate this or is it a fluke ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: