Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Operating memory
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Operating memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WalkerDan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Operating memory Reply with quote

I have a 94% operating memory (RAM) with a 1:25,000 County memory card inserted and up to 98% with the whole country card 1:50,000 inserted and am concerned this is a bit on the high side. Looking on the internal storage the highest amount is All Raw Tracks gps file at 1,012kb and wonder if this is the problem. I've also got a number of geocaching files as well but these are relatively small. I don't think I need the Raw Track info. as I'm not holding the track info for any particular reason but am concerned that deleting this may affect something else.
Am I safe to delete this file and will it make any difference anyway?(Internal storage flash shows 0% and SD card info 35% with the County card in.)
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

98% does seem a bit high, mine is running at 68%. You can delete the All Raw Tracks, but you will find that a new one is created. I believe this file holds your raw track data and is reset every time you start a new track. This file is, I believe, held in Internal Flash Storage so should not affect your working memory.

I suggest you try a full reset. I am probably over cautious, but I would save all data and remove your map card before doing it.

Go into 'Settings'|'Default'|

This will erase all your settings so you will have to redo, but before you do check what memory is used. If this fails, call Satmap - they are very helpful.

EDIT: While it shouldn't need it you could try powering down by removing the battery in addition to the reset.
sunfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same problem.
If i import an pocketQuery from geocaching.com with 500 caches (within the descriptions for paperless caching), the user-interface is freezing and when I reboot the A10 the caches are shown but the Map is gone.
When i toggle through the menu to see the usage of the RAM i found out that the RAM is completely in use.

At least i deleted the pocketQuery via the satsync software an rebooted the A10. After that the map is shown and the system might work normally.
WalkerDan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cleared out around the 500 or so caches I had installed and restarted the Satmap, this gets the operating memory back to 68% so I suspect loading too many caches is not a good idea.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: