Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Via Points
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Via Points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenjag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Via Points Reply with quote

Hi, new to all this, yet another happy Aldi customer. Looking for guidance please, hope I'm not being particularly stupid, but I can't seem to get the software, in either navigation or route planning mode to be able to navigate to a point and then on to a destination without it presuming my first point is my final destination and then stopping. (phew, hope you know what I mean!!!). Have tried the "flag" from in screen menu. Can't seem to do it in normal mode or even with map export. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks
fergus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the main menu in Medion navigator, click settings then route planning from the drop down menu. There you'll see option for way points

Fergus
greenjag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under "settings, route planning", the only options I have are : when reaching a via point either a) display location, or b) continue with next via point. I have selected b) but route still terminates completely at first point that I enter!! Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what! Dave
crankyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Greenjag,

from the main menu tap route planning then tap enter destination and enter your first via and then tap accept. Next tap enter destination again and enter your next via and then tap accept again, continue this untill all your vias and your final destination are all entered and finally tap calculate route.

Thumbs Up
greenjag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for info, one further question if I may be so bold.
While en-route to my first "via", a different colour screen is displayed than normal, without the pop-up menu in bottom corner(i.e. to change from day to night, or increase or decrease map scale). Is this normal, as, after the first via, the display reverts to normal colours of navigation mode with the pop-up menu back in place? In both cases, navigation is displayed at top of display.
No major problems, just wondered, still very impressed with the kit.
Dave
crankyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My display appears as normal and is not any different to the first via! Question
greenjag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't understand why mine is different!!! Not that bothered though, nice bit of kit.
Thanks for help.
Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: