Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Waypoint deletion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Waypoint deletion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormin7039
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Waypoint deletion Reply with quote

I am a new user of Active 10 Plus and have found many problems with its use. Most are not satisfactorily explained in the handbook, FAQs or even in this forum, so I must start asking questions.
A recent walking trip produced 200 waypoints, possibly 90% of which are not needed and should be deleted. I can only find a way of deleting waypoints one at a time, and the SatSYNC online Route Planner doesn’t appear to help very much either. Deleting about 180 waypoints one-at-a-time is a bit tedious and time consuming.

Is there a way of selecting groups of waypoints destined for deletion?
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure someone can suggest an online facility to carry this out. I use my own routine that will delete alternate points and by successive passes would make the file as small as you like. It will also delete zero and out of range mph values if required.

The negative is that this will only work on the raw file, the exported route file will only take one pass. You could get around this by importing the modified raw file back into Satmap and re-exporting as a route.

If nothing better turns up, PM me with an email address and I'll send you the program.

EDITED to clarify meaning of zero values.
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonesbach wrote:
I'm sure someone can suggest an online facility to carry this out. I use my own routine that will delete alternate points and by successive passes would make the file as small as you like. It will also delete zero and out of range mph values if required.

The negative is that this will only work on the raw file, the exported route file will only take one pass. You could get around this by importing the modified raw file back into Satmap and re-exporting as a route.

If nothing better turns up, PM me with an email address and I'll send you the program.

EDITED to clarify meaning of zero values.

I am a new Satmap user and also total newbie for posting. I would also be interested in your program please if there are no other alternatives.
SallyAndKev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try RouteConverter (http://www.routeconverter.de/). This is free and has several handy options for thinning waypoints and it's easy to select sections to delete too.

Sally
stormin7039
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SallyAndKev wrote:
Try RouteConverter (http://www.routeconverter.de/). This is free and has several handy options for thinning waypoints and it's easy to select sections to delete too.

Sally

Thanks for that information, it sounds as though Route Converter is the sort of application that would do the job.
I will give it a try.
Norman
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help please. I been to the route converter site and have downloaded the exe file but nothing happens when I click on run. I have also selected the launch from from the web start page and opened the file but it errors with unable to launch application message. the site says I have the right version of Java. I must be missing something out but I don't know what. I have my first track on the satmap unit but it has some many waypoints I need to delete some so I was hoping route converter would help but I don't know how to get it started.

Any advice from more technical people than myself would be appreciated
SallyAndKev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to save the exe file and then double click on it each time you want to run the program - it's not an installer

Sally
stormin7039
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Waypoint deletion Reply with quote

lostme wrote:
Can anyone help please. I been to the route converter site and have downloaded the exe file but nothing happens when I click on run. I have also selected the launch from from the web start page and opened the file but it errors with unable to launch application message. the site says I have the right version of Java. I must be missing something out but I don't know what. I have my first track on the satmap unit but it has some many waypoints I need to delete some so I was hoping route converter would help but I don't know how to get it started.

Any advice from more technical people than myself would be appreciated

Just place a shortcut on your desktop pointing to the .exe file and use it each time the program is needed.
I have used Route Converter now and have found it ideal for deleting excess waypoints, and it has some great facilities.
Can't quite understand what the "route" selection represents, though. It seems to display routes which do not keep to their corresponding tracks, but divert off in an arbitrary manner along paths which are not part of the original tracks.
Perhaps someone could enlighten me.
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the advice, appreciate your help for a non technical newbie.

I have managed to get it running. I think it may have been a secuity issue on my computer that would not let the exe run. I have downloaded the latest version 1.33 but google maps does not dispay and the button to select duplicate positon from the list is no longer there. Presumably this is part of an upgrade but can anyone tell me how do I delete non required postions using this version of the software or is it possible to get an older version with this option on please.

I am using windows XP with firefox 3.6.3 if this makes any difference.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: