Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3128 - desperate help needed!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3128 - desperate help needed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
upapalmtree
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: 3128 - desperate help needed! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just bought my first ever GPS - a 3128 Myguide with European maps from Ebuyer. I am not computer savvy and know nothing about GPS so its been okay to follow the simple instructions for postcode navigation etc.

However - how do i access the european maps??? Where are they?? can anyone help??
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device should just display the European maps if you scroll the map to the continent. You do not have to 'switch maps' or anything like that. If iGO has the maps on board, it will just seamlessly display them.
And by the way, welcome to the PGPSW forums Welcome
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 3128 - desperate help needed! Reply with quote

upapalmtree wrote:
Hi all,

I have just bought my first ever GPS - a 3128 Myguide with European maps from Ebuyer. I am not computer savvy and know nothing about GPS so its been okay to follow the simple instructions for postcode navigation etc.

However - how do i access the european maps??? Where are they?? can anyone help??

Is that the MyGuide 3218 from eBuyer ? If so it has TurboDog software and I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum for advice on that. Have you tried creating a route to Paris for example ?

linknet
upapalmtree
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3128 - desperate help needed! Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
upapalmtree wrote:
Hi all,

Is that the MyGuide 3218 from eBuyer ? If so it has TurboDog software and I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum for advice on that. Have you tried creating a route to Paris for example ?

linknet

hello - yes it is that model with the Turbo Dog software .... is this not the right place to ask for help with that? any ideas on where I could ask? cheers
upapalmtree
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
The device should just display the European maps if you scroll the map to the continent. You do not have to 'switch maps' or anything like that. If iGO has the maps on board, it will just seamlessly display them.

Hello Smile its the Turbo dog software ... not igo, seems to be impossible to get to euro mapping as far as I can tell
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upapalmtree wrote:
M8TJT wrote:

Hello Smile its the Turbo dog software ... not igo, seems to be impossible to get to euro mapping as far as I can tell

Then send it back to eBuyer as unfit for purpose, they advertise it as complete with Western European mapping. Wink

linknet
upapalmtree
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it! thanks all, managed to do it by myself (a great feat!)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upapalmtree wrote:
How?
Sorry, I had a quick look at the device somewhere or other and the screenshot loked like iGO Embarassed
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
upapalmtree wrote:
How?
Sorry, I had a quick look at the device somewhere or other and the screenshot loked like iGO Embarassed

As far as I understand before MyGuide went bankrupt they used to install iGO, but since eBuyer bought most of the bankrupt stock they have installed TurboDog which I believe is one of their own incarnations. Sad

Regards

linknet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: