Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unreadable DIM Display when switched on.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unreadable DIM Display when switched on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleDuceCoupe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Unreadable DIM Display when switched on. Reply with quote

I have a refurb- GO 930 from TotalPDA. As Murphey's law dictates, just as I was about to start a long journey requiring support from my device, I switched it on, the voice said connected to my phone, but no display!!! Looking very closely at the screen I could just see the dislay but it was so dim that it was unusable. I rushed back indoors and hooked-up to my PC and "operated my GO" from there just to check the brightness levels for night/day operation had not been set too low.
I was amazed at how much I had got into a panic with the loss of my device. I had to dig-out my old PDA and NAVIGATOR 5, find the cradle and leads and mount it all up in the car.
Anyone out there got any idea what is wrong with my 930 dim display or do you think it is a case of warranty return to TotalPDA?
Crying or Very sad

Dave.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 - CoPilot Europe and Australia

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning up the brightness on the device not by using Home, if this fails its probably the backlight or backlight inverter thats died - Mike
LittleDuceCoupe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Dead GO 930 - Dim Display Reply with quote

I called TomTom Support on the Tuesday and found them very helpful. After going through a few basic checks to make sure I had not set somthing wrong on the unit they informed me that I had to send the Go930 back to them. It could take up to ten days to get it back.
They sent me a pre-paid box on Thursday so straight down to the PO and off it went. On Saturday I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a replacement GO930. Now that is what I call a good service.
As this was a different unit with a new serial number, the first time I connected to HOME I was asked to add the details to my current log-on or to create a new account. My new account with another hotmail address was created so I thought I would see if the LMG would apply. YES! I now have Version 845.2645 maps. Almost worth being without the unit for a week.
What a result - good old TomTom support!
Laughing

Dave.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 - CoPilot Europe and Australia

llib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Dim display on GO 930 Reply with quote

I had same problem with my 930 back in November. TomTom folks gave me a RMA #. Got a replacement within 5 days. Replacement working great.

Glad it worked out for you as well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: