Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia Announce Free Turn-By-Turn Navigation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia Announce Free Turn-By-Turn Navigation

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Nokia Announce Free Turn-By-Turn Navigation Reply with quote

Nokia have announced today on their web site that OVI Maps (formerly Nokia maps) will now be free for all users.

Previously the maps were free to download and install but a licence was required for the navigation features.

Maps can either be accessed over the air as required or using the desktop software can be installed onto your mobile.

There is also now companion map software for the PC that allows you to syncronise information across platforms.

I have used OVI maps in the past but it is not the ideal system for car navigation. The mobile screen I found is to small and no ability to have the maps rotate so the direction of travel is upwards put me off. It will however be useful for walking around unfamiliar towns and cities. It is not an easy system to install POIs onto, you have to create Nokia Landmarks and then import them into the maps. As for the PGPSW camera database on the occasion I tried it my phone could just not cope with all the information.

The latest downloads are not yet available or my N97 as it is requiring a firmware update to cure the low memory issues.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaten by 12 minutes! Laughing

please continue in this thread

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: