Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps - Tele Atlas or Navteq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps - Tele Atlas or Navteq

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Maps - Tele Atlas or Navteq Reply with quote

I cannot understand which maps are the current ones being used by Igo8.

I thought they were ditching/had ditched Tele Atlas but having just taken advantage of their latest offer I got Tele Atlas maps.

I'm going off Igo8 if they show no stability in the product. I believe that the 2009 v.1 Navteq maps had postcode problems - I certainly found that to be the case. So what are they up to
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly like for like but I use iGO8 with Teleatlas maps and a friend has Amigo with Navteq maps, we've done a few tests to see if anything has improved.

My postcode is found in Teleatlas but missing in Navteq.

Two places we holiday at are along private roads, Teleatlas shows them but not Navteq. Input the postcode for one and Navteq is way off.

Some house numbers are missing on Navteq in the UK, where Teleatlas have them, but in France it's Navteq who come out best.

Teleatlas 'Lane arrows' show up at every motorway junction I've passed but some are missing with Navteq.

The road speed limits are hopelessly wrong in my area with Teleatlas but fine on Navteq.

Which is better? We've come to the conclusion that Teleatlas is best for the UK and Navteq for France.

I understand Nav'N'Go still supply updated maps for iGO 8.0.0, I wish I had known that before upgrading to iGO 8.3.0. Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: