Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hows everyone getting on with their new aldi medion kits?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hows everyone getting on with their new aldi medion kits?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to install Outlook if you wish to sync email, calendar entries, notes and tasks, contacts etc.

You can sync your PocketPC with multiple machines but all must have Active Sync installed, it's the biggest let down in MS's handheld line-up and is universally derided but apart from an option to use a commercial product called Intellisync you're pretty much stuck with it.

For boating, consider Memory-Map's marine charts but you'll need a 12v supply to power the GPS and you'd be well advised to put the PDA in a waterproof case such as an Otterbox. I personally don't like the Navigon software but others rate it highly, you can use other software with these units without issue.

I had the opportunity to handle a friends Aldi purchase today and the PDA itself is very very similar to a HP 1940, so much so that I wonder if they share the same manufacturer, I'll do some digging and see what I can discover Happy
clansfolk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinca...

Have replied to your mail - if you have installed the POI-Warner software to your PPC clicking on POI-syn will link you to the downloads (and connect you if you have a subscription and internet connection from your PPC Cradle)- a subscription (12 Month - £8) is required for cameras - but I'm sure someone said on another post that the files on this site can be converted to work with it - Anyone help with this - I believe there's a program available to convert them to ascii?

Pete

"clansfolk" Thumbs Up
Kirk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a program called poi edit http://www.dnote.nl/pda/poi/PoiEdit/downloads.htm
where you convert the speed camera files on this site to ascii files which the navigon/poiwarner can read.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: