Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 265wt traffic question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 265wt traffic question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Governor312
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Garmin 265wt traffic question Reply with quote

Have had the 265wt for a few months now and normally find the traffic info ok'ish, but noticed in the box a little lead that plugs into the main gtm25 powerlead! Pluged this in yesterday and noticed the traffic symbol in the top left corner dissappeared, unpluged the smaller lead and after about 15minutes the traffic symbol reappeared!! Anyone tell me what this smaller lead is for, looks like it is some sort of antenna maybe???
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 255WT, there's a string antenna which sticks along the bottom of the windscreen with the 2 provided little suckers. (As you say, it plugs into the main power cable).
Surprised you got traffic reception without it!!

Dales.
Governor312
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest i have never used it before, always had the traffic symbol in the top left corner without this little antenna plugged in as i thought the gtm25 lead was the traffic receiver, as per the info on the garmin website??

As mentioned the first time i plugged this little antenna/aerial in i lost the green traffic symbol in the corner, so just wondered what it was for???
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the pictures of the GTM25 in my manual, shows the power lead described as "internal antenna".
The manual also tells me that, if using the traffic receiver in Europe, I should connect the external antenna and secure it to the windshield with the suction cups.

If you are getting good traffic reception with just the "internal antenna" then that's great (and I didn't expect it to work, myself!). But if the external antenna is plugged in, I guess it may need to be strung out properly. If left crumpled up, perhaps it's worse at reception than the "internal antenna".

Perhaps I'll experiment!

Dales.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: