Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RDS TMC Signal issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RDS TMC Signal issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave5416
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: RDS TMC Signal issues Reply with quote

My TT RDS/TMC device once started acting up. I called TT support who gave no help but simply suggested I return the TMC receiver. However after the phone call the device worked perfect until last week. (about four or five weeks) and then once again it could not lock onto a signal. Nothing had changed with the antenna postiton. Made a phone call to TT who once again advised me to return the receiver at my cost. I did look on the forum and despite my tmccodes.dat and traffic.dat both having data within, I still replaced them with the backup. Straight away the device worked fine for a journey. On powering up the Tomtom today, once again the device would not lock onto a signal. It would only work when I seaked out classic fm and entered the local frequency manually. Of course as soon as I left the local transmiter the traffic signal was lost. This definatley seems a software bug but how can I get Tomtom to accept it so? Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it once and for all?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: