Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 730t re-boots at same point on M42 !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

730t re-boots at same point on M42 !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richrab
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: 730t re-boots at same point on M42 !! Reply with quote

Now this is strange, my 730T(8.302) will reboot when ever I drive off the M1 on to the A(M)42.

I regularly drive from Bristol to Washington Tyne & Wear. On my return journey, planed by selecting 'Home', I drive down the M1 on to the A(M)42.
At the same point every journey the 730 will re-boot just as i drive off the M1 on to the dual carriage way of the A(M)42

I have checked for POI's at this location (52.81656,-1.30535) and I do not have any, neither any favorites.

This has happed at least 5 times.

Any thoughts ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it also do it if you play a demo of the route over the same section of roads?

If it does, we can see if our units do it too.
richrab
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to play the whole route on demo as it seems to restart after 100 miles.
I did recreate the issue by planning a route from J24 M1 to 2 miles down the A(M)42.
During the demo the unit froze then rebooted just as the voice said 'in 800 yards turn left junction 23'
I am driving along this route tomorrow so will clear the route well before the junction to see what happens.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What map do you have?

Is this a new problem or has it just started happening?

I've demoed the route on my 740 with no problems....

800 yards - isn't that just as Reality View kicks in? Do you have Reality View? If so, what if you disable it and run the demo?
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it on my 730 and it went fine from the M1 to A42. I'm using the Western&Central Europe v835 map and application ver 8.351. What map are you using as it could be map specific?

Just out of interest, how did you get it to say "junction 23" in the instructions? Just confusing because A42 is J23a - J23 is the A512.

Also, the location you gave is after the turn but the instruction will be givven long before that! Confused

By the way, it's the A42. The M42 starts later down the road. There's no such thing as a A(M)42!
Brodit ProClip mount
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, it says "23uh", not "23 AY", so the "uh" is easily overlooked.

I've driven this junction myself many times and never had anything like that. I'd agree the idea of it being caused by Reality View (and/or ALG) is a good suspect.

Just clarify how consistent it is - you said "every journey", then "at least five times". Have there been some journeys when it hasn't happened - I'm wondering if it has happened, then not, then happened again, or is it every one of the last five times you've travelled the route?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue when I had TT Navigator on the PDA where it crashed at the same point on the A11 and this turned out to be due to a corruption of the map file on the SD card. Formatting the card and reinstalling the map cleared it. Your map file may have a corruption on the internal memory
richrab
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on Fridays drive home i cleared the route about 2 miles from the junction, all went fine and no re boot. So it's only when a route is being navigated.

Dennis N - sometimes i use A1/M1/M42/M5 this has been more recent as I was using A1/A66/M6/M5 but it seems the M6 is now as chaotic as the M1.
5 times was trying to sound more precise than just saying every time. Every time i have planned a route back and traveled this way it has rebooted.

GerryC - The point of reboot is on the sweeping right hand bend just going down hill on to the A42. Map is Western & Central Europe 2GB v800.1762.

I will try reinstalling the map on the back up made when the unit was new, 15 months ago, if i can find it.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: