Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please can someone help a beginner with a problem on Navman
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please can someone help a beginner with a problem on Navman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Please can someone help a beginner with a problem on Navman Reply with quote

Hi, I have just got a Navman S50 and installed the speed zoned database. Following the instructions I seem to have to create a new category for each type of camera for each of the speed limits, is this correct?

I have 248MB of memory free in the Navman but after installing the database the unit has a habit of freezing and when I get a warning (don't always get one), it does not display the speed limit at all.

I did not install the PGPSW sound files though, instead I adopted to use those from my DriveSmart unit which give me a spoken speed limit, instead of the spoken camera type that I believe the PGPSW database gives, am I correct?

What I do get is the occassional warning and sometimes I get a 70mph warning for a 30mph zone!

I do not get the memory full warning, so lack of memory is not an issue here and in anycase I have a 2GB SD card for expansion which is still empty.

Have I installed it correctly or should I have created categorys for each speed limit and then entered the various cameras into the same catogry, ie. all 20mph cameras under the category of 20MPH?

I hope you are able to offer some help here, thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Please can someone help a beginner with a problem on Nav Reply with quote

specmaster wrote:

I did not install the PGPSW sound files though, instead I adopted to use those from my DriveSmart unit which give me a spoken speed limit, instead of the spoken camera type that I believe the PGPSW database gives, am I correct?

I'm no Navman expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you are able to use the speed-zoned version of the database, and you are able to use voice alerts at all, then you will be able to use the speed-zoned version of the voices, and have the camera type AND speed announced.
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm no Navman expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you are able to use the speed-zoned version of the database, and you are able to use voice alerts at all, then you will be able to use the speed-zoned version of the voices, and have the camera type AND speed announced.

Thanks, but that was not my question. The question was have I done the loading correct. I have had to create 30 categories in the fashion of Gatso 20mph, into that category I then had to add the .asc file, the .bmp file for the visual warning and the .wav file for the sound. I have then had to do that 29 more times in order to complete the fixed cameras, mobile, p_mobiles, redlight and spec cameras.

Should I have created just 6 categories, in the names of 20mph, 30mph, 40mph, 50mph, 60mph and 70mph and then into each put the sound file (once), the icon file .BMP (once) and then the fixed, mobile, p-mobile, redlight and specs .ASC files?

I was wondering if it is having to trawl through to many categories each time I get within range of a camera?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

specmaster wrote:

Thanks, but that was not my question.

Well, it was one of your questions! Laughing
Quote:
I adopted to use those from my DriveSmart unit which give me a spoken speed limit, instead of the spoken camera type that I believe the PGPSW database gives, am I correct?

I believe you can get the PGPSW voices to give you speed-related warnings.
But sorry, that was the only bit of your post I thought I could help with.

Are you following the installation instructions HERE?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: