Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken (and it's been known!), they've messed up the 'plan or edit route':

Under the new code, you cannot revise the position of the first list entry; thus if you've entered your destination first, then your starting point, you can't then reverse their positions. If you've created (in this order) stops C, B, A, you can only swap the positions of B and A, you cannot change the position of stop C. It's easier to try it for yourself, than explain!

The keyboard for naming a new custom routing profile is corrupted, and the only keystroke available (to me at least) is 't'. The default values are still as illogical as ever.

Is this logical? Under 'POI Alerts' I can select Safety Cameras as an alert type. Yet there's also a 'Safety Alert' with settings of 250/500/1000 yds ahead. Are safety alerts dedicated to camera alerts, regardless of 'POI Alerts', or are they something totally different which I don't yet understand?

Unless Emma snuck away from me unnoticed when my favourites became corrupted, the new version resets chosen voice to Jane.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
yup - will do. not installed the update yet!
MaFt
Cheers MaFt, could you also sanity check my observations made in my second post?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken (and it's been known!), they've messed up the 'plan or edit route':

Under the new code, you cannot revise the position of the first list entry...SNIP

just click it and then use the arrows to move it down or the bin to delete it - works fine for me.

bedbug wrote:
The keyboard for naming a new custom routing profile is corrupted, and the only keystroke available (to me at least) is 't'. The default values are still as illogical as ever.

yep - 't' only here Crying or Very sad Also agree that it seems illogical - i.e. you press 'up' to INCREASE the speed BUT you press 'down' to INCREASE how much the app favours each road type!

bedbug wrote:
Is this logical? Under 'POI Alerts' I can select Safety Cameras as an alert type. Yet there's also a 'Safety Alert' with settings of 250/500/1000 yds ahead. Are safety alerts dedicated to camera alerts, regardless of 'POI Alerts', or are they something totally different which I don't yet understand?

hmm... not sure, maybe one to ask ALK directly!

i've not got a gps fix yet (too late/early to go outside for that!) so not able to test the live fuel prices yet.

rather annoyed that all my favourites have vanished... i had kinda hoped they would be linked to my live id - clearly not... i think with all the iphone apps the best way to handle 'favourites' will be to add them as contacts in the iphone and do it that way. at least updated apps won't remove your contacts and it saves having to edit the favourites in 4 or 5 different apps.

MaFt
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

rather annoyed that all my favourites have vanished... i had kinda hoped they would be linked to my live id - clearly not... i think with all the iphone apps the best way to handle 'favourites' will be to add them as contacts in the iphone and do it that way. at least updated apps won't remove your contacts and it saves having to edit the favourites in 4 or 5 different apps.

MaFt

My Favourites are all still there. Strange how you've lost yours.

My keyboard for routing profiles is also corrupt.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the update here without problem, some observations:
1. My favourites are intact.
2. Routing profile keyboard fubar.
3.Live search, a good feature I used often which was available when first starting the app at the bottom of the choose destination screen, is no longer present. Where can this now be found, any ideas?

Last edited by pete1336 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated - favourites still there, routing profile keyboard corrupt.
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:

It shows the camera icon so logic would suggest yes - which is an easy way to enable it. Unfortunately I only noticed it *after* my journey in this morning, where I spotted the cameras as icon only.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POI alert does indeed contain safety cams as a category. What then do we get warned about if we select the safety warning alert option, what is a safety alert?
mattyduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just updated mine. as I'm jailbroken I'd previously put their speedcamera file on the iphone as discussed on this thread.

When I launched the updated version, it said something about the current speedcamera file not being right for this version and that it was corrupt. It gave me the option to delete it, which I did. Now I don't have any speed cameras !!!

Any guesses ?

Delete and reinstall ?
mattyduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted and reinstalled and now it's fine (well, the cameras are there)
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redtel wrote:
My Favourites are all still there. Strange how you've lost yours.

My Favourites were fine after the upgrade, but then I didn't backup first (I downloaded direct to iPhone). I have had lost preferences, but that was following a backup.
MaFt, did you backup your iPhone before installing?
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried safety cameras in demo mode. If you just switch on safety camera alerts, you get a voice warning 'Attention: Safety camera'. If you switch on a POI alert for safety cameras, you get an extra alert 'Attention Point of Interest'. Can't set up a sound instead.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm short on space so had to delete the app first before installing the update. 650mb free wasn;t enough to a 225mb app to download and install... perhaps that was my 'mistake'. i also had to re-set up voice preferences, country, live id etc.

MaFt
epic_monkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if lane assist is now rendered correctly?
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone find that 'live search' option yet? Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24

Jump to: