Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apps are standalone so you would get no discount if you bought WesternEurope later. If you have UK and WE installed that's two entire apps not one app and two maps.

WesternEurope will certainly include the Uk map though.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm surprised none of the companies have made use of the in-app purchase system. ie get the app itself for say £30 and then buy whichever country maps you want/need...

MaFt
Boynielaad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The apps are standalone so you would get no discount if you bought WesternEurope later. If you have UK and WE installed that's two entire apps not one app and two maps.

WesternEurope will certainly include the Uk map though.

Thanks.

Clarified. I'll wait till Europe is back in the app store.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting interview with Co-Pilot at Recombu here, suggesting that resume nav after a call and speed cameras are coming very soon.

Live services, including traffic and fuel pricing will come bundled at 'around £20 per year' via a voucher code from their website (not sure how Apple will receive that news!), available in a 'September time frame'.

Well worth a look at the video showing forthcoming features in action.
wise1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
Really interesting interview with Co-Pilot at Recombu here, suggesting that resume nav after a call and speed cameras are coming very soon.

Live services, including traffic and fuel pricing will come bundled at 'around £20 per year' via a voucher code from their website (not sure how Apple will receive that news!), available in a 'September time frame'.

Well worth a look at the video showing forthcoming features in action.

This looks very interesting.... can't wait for the update. Traffic is the one element that I really liked about CoPilot 6 on windows mobile. Although the TomTom offering was better in terms of integration at the time. It will be very interesting how this pans out and what TomTom propose to do....
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope CoPilot can do something along the lines of TomTom's HD Traffic. Then it's a no brainer on what to choose, when TomTom don't have it on their iPhone app. If CoPilot then make it a cheaper service as well...
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to change just CoPilot's volume?

I've had a quick look in the manual that I could find, for Windows Mob, but it doesn't seem to have the same settings as the iPhone version.

The volume of CoPilot is much louder than the music I'm playing at the same time.
wise1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSR wrote:
Anyone know how to change just CoPilot's volume?

I've had a quick look in the manual that I could find, for Windows Mob, but it doesn't seem to have the same settings as the iPhone version.

The volume of CoPilot is much louder than the music I'm playing at the same time.

Ringer switch on the side of the iphone
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it has no "in application" volume of its own?
ywu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSR wrote:
So it has no "in application" volume of its own?

Not that I've found. It's a real pain with Radio 4 podcasts as they tend to be quite low volume. I have my phone come through the speakers so when the nav voice comes on, it can probably be heard by cars next to me in the traffic queue!
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The itunes page for CP UK has been updated. Although still showing version 8.0.0.331, 'Safery camera alerts' and 'resume after call' have moved from the 'coming soon' section to 'key features'. Camera alerts are still not available on my phone. Perhaps it means an update is imminent?
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{sigh}

This is not looking good...

Further to the routing irregularities, last night Co-Pilot routed me from the A34 onto an over-bridge... No exit or slip, just a bridge over the road I was travelling on. Once passed, it realised I should keep on the A34 for a further 39 miles! I'm spotting enough irregularities when tested on familiar routes that I'm now certain I can't trust it to guide me successfully into the unknown.

I've raised a help ticket with ALK regarding clarification of routing, profiles etc. So far, 7 (yes, seven!) days without response.

And now this...

I sync my iPhone once a week, and did so last night. Whether relevant or not, I don't know...

Since the sync, I no longer have favourites! Home/work are gone too. Recents are all still there, as are my custom routing profiles. But all my favourites are gone. Done the reset and everything else. I've created some new favourites - they're still there as of this message.

This is the first time I've experienced what I assume is file corruption on my year old iPhone. Maybe it's just bad luck that it happened (randomly) to Co-Pilot, or maybe it hints at underlying flakeyness on Co-Pilot's part.

Having been genuinely impressed with the App and sung its praises, the continuing routing issues, poor support and now potential file corruption, Co-Pilot is suddenly starting to look over-priced.

Please don't say I'm headed inexorably towards the disappointing TomTom?!
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, double entry (fnr fnr)
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Speed cam install guide for JB iphone Reply with quote

Mike, did you get to produce that guide for installing our speed cam set on the JB iphone? I cant find in this thread.
Thanks
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Co-Pilot blog here, an update for Co-Pilot UK is currently going through the App Store approval process, and should include
Quote:
ability to call a POI from within the application, a Safety Camera database and automatic restart after a phone call.

This update will bring Co-Pilot UK into line with the featureset of the recently introduced Co-Pilot Europe edition.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 12 of 24

Jump to: