Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Recording a Track using Pocket Anquet and XDA Orbit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording a Track using Pocket Anquet and XDA Orbit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Recording a Track using Pocket Anquet and XDA Orbit Reply with quote

Just bought a 2nd hand (unlocked) ORbit XDA.

Have uploaded POcket Anquet onto it.

I haven't yet purcahsed maps of my area......

Before I splash out hundreds of quid I would really like to test the tracking function of the software, which is the main reason I want the software/PPC

If a map is NOT uploaded onto the PPC, is it possible to create a track using Pocket ANquet?

How do I do this ?

Pocket Anquet is not particularly Friendly...

I have tried selecting tracklogging, but just get a blank screen with no indication its doing anything.....

How does one know it is actually tracking.

and how to save the file ? and in what format

Do I need to "Open a database" before I begin...?

Or is it automatically saving it somewhere ?

Once I've done this what file (and where is it ?) do I upload from the Pocket PC and how do I thendisplay the track so I know itis working ?

IS it possible to upload the file onto Google Earth or Google-maps ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, have a look at Quo for the Topo maps as you can purchase small areas of maps at far less cost than the hundreds of pounds you are mentioning, I got Lancashire plus the Lake District and some of the Yorkshire Dales for around £10 and this application will run on the PC and PPC XDA Orbit.

For a direct link try clicking Here

If all you want to do is record track data without a map then there are lots of other utilities that offer this functionality some of which cost nothing, what do you intend doing with the recorded track data? - Mike
dvines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

i want to be able to track where I go.. if I'm just "exploring" so I have the route saved.

but also display an OS map on the screen of ther PocketPC sowhen I'm cycling off-road I know where I am and could also plan maps on my PC and download it.

If I get Quo do I just buy the maps once, then can load them both onto PC and my Orbit XDA ? Or do I have to buy them twice ??

I assume Quo maps can be loaded onto my XDA orbit Pocket PC, or maybe part of a map I need.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: