Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Replacement batteries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement batteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherokee3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Replacement batteries Reply with quote

I got the SATMAP Li-ion rechargable + attachments last year. Its worked really well. Had a little damp problem when I had it out in the rain for 3 days but it was easy to correct. However it stopped working yesterday and on removing the back cover I find the red wire has become detached. Does anyone know how to get hold of just the battery as I don't need the other stuff?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, contact Satmap by phone in the morning 0845 873 0101 they should be able to resolve this issue - Mike
cherokee3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike
mapguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherokee3 - what was the outcome of your call to Satmap? I had exactly the same thing happen today whilst out on the bike: unit simply stopped working and, on investigation, the red wire has snapped off at the battery casing.
mapguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll answer my own question! I contacted Satmap; they asked me to return the faulty battery; I sent it on Tuesday and had a new battery in the post on Thursday morning.

A1 customer service - very impressed - thanks guys.
grettonhillbilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: changing batteries Reply with quote

I use rechargeable AA batteries whihc I swap over when they start to get low. The problem is that the unit understandably turns off. I thought I could solve this by buying a cheap mobile phone power pack and using this to provide power in the change over. But this doesn't work. Even if the unit is connected to my PC during a battery swap it goes into lower power mode and insists on turning off even if the batteries are only out for a few seconds. ANy thoughts? is this to do woth the amount of power from the PC/external pack or a basic problem with the unit
grettonhillbilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: changing batteries Reply with quote

I use rechargeable AA batteries whihc I swap over when they start to get low. The problem is that the unit understandably turns off. I thought I could solve this by buying a cheap mobile phone power pack and using this to provide power in the change over. But this doesn't work. Even if the unit is connected to my PC during a battery swap it goes into lower power mode and insists on turning off even if the batteries are only out for a few seconds. Any thoughts? is this to do with the amount of power from the PC/external pack or a basic problem with the unit
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, the behaviour your device is doing is normal, it isn't possible to keep the device on when swapping out batteries - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: