Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Error when trying to update device - account combination
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Error when trying to update device - account combination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old_n07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Error when trying to update device - account combination Reply with quote

Hi, I have had a quick search but didn't come up with anything relevant but I'm sorry if this has ben covered somewhere before Confused

Basically I lost my TT Live 540 a few weeks ago Embarassed , and have now got a new one. When connecting it to TT Home I try to link the device to my TT account but I get this error:

Quote:
The Internet server had an internal error. It may be a temporary problem, please try again later.
Details:

ERROR: 241/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: *SAM server returned an unexpected error*
*SAM server returned an unexpected error*
Server function called: setDevice
Error code: 241
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:448
this.errorSeverity);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:423
this._doneCallbacks();
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:274
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:34:39 GMT

I have tried this on two computers (home and work) with the same outcome. Now I realise it says it may be temporary but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems or if it was due to my old device being registered for just under 6 months. I didn't really want to create a new account as I wanted to transfer my live subs to this device.

Cheers for any advice

Neil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an issue at TT's end. If it doesn't resolve itself you'll have to call TT. Give it a day and try again first.
old_n07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Darren

I thought it might be at their end, I've submitted a fault submission each time I tried it so I'll leave it a few days and see whet happens

Neil
pee-jay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat, having got a new 540 to replace my previous faulty one.

I tried for several days to link the new device to my account, getting the same error each time. Then I raised a support call. It's 12 days since I opened the call. They have required me to send in invoices to prove the new device is a warranty replacement, and that I have returned the previous one. Then a week's wait for the account switch to be approved by second line. Finally the response today, advising me that I just need to retry linking the new device to my account in TT home. And....

ERROR: 241/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: *SAM server returned an unexpected error*

So back around the loop again with support.

Surely this doesn't need to be so hard?
old_n07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like it may be down to the registration period then as mine still refuses to link after the best part of a week Confused

I'll just leave it a few weeks as the old one was registered at Christmas any way.

Let me know if you get any where with Tomtom on this

Neil
ojexpress
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: SAMe Here Reply with quote

issue has been with TOMTOM now for over one week, this was caused by my new 940 live requiring an exchange from the original supplier - after TT could not resolve failure of SIM/Live function. when I put the exchage device into the docking cradle - asks to be linked to account.

Have spent over two hours on the line on the recent ERROR:

241/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: *SAM server returned an unexpected error*
Server function called: setDevice
Error code: 241
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:448
this.errorSeverity);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:423
this._doneCallbacks();
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:274
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

And ended up telling them that "after numerous telephone calls on different issues" not one single issue has been resolved by TT suport as yet!
I have now also been informed that my account was linked to some guy in Bury, whom purchased a subscription to the Live service on Dec 26th 08 - they then just closed his account, I asked that surely the poor guy would loose his updates, Tt support said "oh well he will have to ring then"

anyways back to my error
still waiting on the latest reply

The reference number for your query is XXXXXXXX

I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our HOME Escalations team.

I hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Kind Regards

The TomTom Customer Care Team

Seems I cannot swap account either has my live purchase is stuck to my registered email

A right mess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev T
old_n07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update....

Well after about 4 or 5 weeks my old TomTom was found in the transport managers desk drawer (put there for safe keeping Laughing ) so I didn't end up transfering the subscription after all so I still can't say if it was time related or not Confused

On the up side my wife now has a new satnav and I'm out of the dog house Laughing

Cheers for all the suggestions anyway

Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: