Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.351
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.351
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the application AND running clearflash does seem to be the only way to remove the current pairing (from memory?). Leastways, that is the only circumstance in which my 720 has asked me to re-pair.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post sorry

Last edited by Fibre on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this simply scares me to death --
Why is it all co confusing..

I have a 740L bought on 24/2/09 and so far it has been back to Fife Twice..

It was returned last week working.. for how long this time -- but shhhh it might be OK.

I connected it to TT HOME and the first thing it wanted to do was to update to 8.351 -- why did it NOT come back from Fife with that latest version on??
the map is WCE 2GB v810.1943
I have it back with firmware v.8.203..
should I go for the v.8.351 as suggesting on TTHome.. ???

any problems with it??
I have been loathe to copy it as last time - that was what started the troubles..
Boot Loop
No satellite signals
loosing the route etc and switching off then back on again whilst travelling.

so what should I do ??
Keep on as it is and as it came back from repair -- or download and risk going wrong -- yet again..

I keep my old Classic in the glove box -- just in case -- at least it still woks.

Maurice
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are going to purchase a new map there is absolutely NO REASON to put the newer Navcore on your device, to be honest I would leave it well alone if it is working - ONLY update the software IF you intend purchasing an upgraded map - Mike
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted tomtom (lack of) support a while back with the issue of the flickering screen while RDS TMC is connected since the latest update , and received the usual instructions of deleting the loose files, and downloads from computer. I followed their instructions to the letter, but when all was done I just got no maps found on my 720. I replied to support again and now they are saying I have to return it to them! But what are they going to do? Nothing other than format and install an old version of the application which I will then have to update when I receive it again (which is what I had to do when it went in before). I have rolled back to the app 8.351 with 8.30 map, but I have to say since rolling back the volume now seems to be as low as the problem 8.350 app. I have also installed the 8.302 with the new 8.30 map on to an sd card, what a difference in the volume!
Is it worth sending it back, has anyone else returned theirs for this problem? I feel that I should, even if it is just for the expense and work that tomtom has to do....why should they consistantly release junk to the paying public and be getting away with it all the time.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right place for my problem...

My 6 weeks old TT940 has now frozen on around 10 occasions. What happens is the screen freezes and if I notice the screen animation has stopped then when I tap the screen it goes in to the menu and clicking "Done" brings it back out to the main screen with the navigation working again.

It is very annoying as I won't hear speed camera beeps and could miss a turn off. It took me a few minutes the first time to notice that the distance to go had not changed.

Should I contact TT support or go back to the retailer and swap out the unit?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to do is a reset.
Next is run the clearflash utility
Next is to reinstall the software (but make a system backup first).
These are all explained in many places on this forum if you do a search, the FAQs are a good place to start.
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fibre..
This is what annoys me so so much with Tomtom. They clearly have issues with Navcore 8.351 and anyone who uses TMC traffic (quite a lot I would imagine) and yet it is still on offer via TT home.

TT recommended to me to use an earlier version of navcore to ‘cure’ the screen redraw issue. If the lates navcore does not work why offer it?

What of the non-techie who upgrades, he/she ends up with a unit that now has problems.

Any professional company would remove the offending software until a fix is found and re-issue.

As one of the leading producers of Satnav products I for one expect Tomtom to take its software update more seriously and address issues promptly. Almost evey update since I purchased my unit a year ago has had bug in. I feel insulted that as far as Tomtom are concerned I don’t matter.

I have stopped friends and family from purchasing TT products as I know they could not rectify these issues like rebuilding the discs, reloading earlier versions. If I am typical of the users of this web site, how many sales have TT lost?
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT don't fix most the bugs anymore, they just bring out a new model.

If we did a poll about how many people will not buy any newer models BECAUSE of bugs not been fixed, Then TT would see why their sales are down.

Listen up TT - Bring back the basic solid Navcore that worked and we will keep up with the new models, until then you are losing out.

Iam now even looking at others Garmin,Navman etc.
Kev

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: