Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveee wrote:
In Canada and the USA when you park your car it must be left pointing in the direction of the traffic flow. Shocked

The same applies in the UK, although I am not too sure if its an offence or a recommendation in this country see Here (239) - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how the Highway Code changes. My hard copy (seventh impression, 2001) has different paragraph numbers, but notably that first "rule" about not facing against the traffic flow does not appear at all! The version under which I passed my test was valid nearly fifty years ago!!

And we are not allowed to use the excuse that we didn't know!
Quote:
A failure on the part of a person to observe any provision of the Highway Code shall not of itself render that person liable to criminal proceedings of any kind, but any such failure may in any proceedings (whether civil or criminal and including proceedings for an offence under the Traffic Acts ... SNIP... blah blah) be relied upon by any party to the proceedings as tending to establish or negative any liability which is in question in those proceedings.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this my tomtom is as per my sig below.

Yes, I posted this observation in the new firmware on page 10 of this thread.

I've also just noticed that whilst the volume of the guidance instruct ons and hands free calling are good, the volume of the speed camera alerts are almost inaudible. These are the default Tom Tom camera alerts.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
reapeer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveee wrote:
After getting a parking ticket in Canada for leaving my car pointing in the wrong direction (I was also using TomTom for the navigation) I understand what 0101 is looking for. Idea

In Canada and the USA when you park your car it must be left pointing in the direction of the traffic flow. Shocked

As an ignorant European I did not know this and got a parking ticket. Embarassed

This is certainly a "would be nice" but would add a lot more complexity to the routing algorithm. Also a lot of Europeans would see it as unnecessary as they do not worry about such things. I could see even more complaints. Wink

With regards the upgrade to 8.35, this certainly worked well for me. No problems with satellite locking (even worked indoors), no problems with audio level. Overall for me a trouble free update. Very Happy

believe it or not the same applies to the uk but no one enforces it
Augustus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After loading the update over and over with my 730 I finally had to go back to the 8.302
Too many problem 1-Volume 2-Gps fix 3-too slow 4 Most important ( my 16 Gb memory card can not be seen anymore with the 8.350 App )
I do have other maps there and I can’t use them so what good is that!
The 8.302 App see the card with no problem and the volume it is great so the GPS fix It finds the satellite inside my room very fast
I think tomtom should do more testing with all the models before making the update available for them Rolling Eyes
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
Seamaster, was the update offered today? If so, then that tends to confirm it's only the NA 740's that can't use 8.350. If they can selectively offer continent specific application updates, it's a shame they ever pulled FM support for North American devices.

I have a Euro 740, which I updated the day the update first appeared in Home.
Spiggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a download link for Navcore 8.302 please?

I have just tried the update again using Mike's method for installing and I still have the volume issues.

Unfortunately I do not have a back-up of 8.302 Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Spiggy on Sun May 10, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read your post to indicate you had just downloaded the update. Thanks for posting otherwise Seamaster. So now I'm still wondering if 8.350 is still being offered to the x40's in Europe, or if it's pulled only for North America..
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 8.350.9980 update working fine on my go 940, no issues at all.

With regards to the parking on the correct side of the road issue, it complicates things further when you appreciate that sometimes the TT will get the house numbers wrong, and take you to the wrong side of the street!

Daggers, it certainly looks a mess. Is the satellite view in google correct? If so, I would use mapshare or the teleatlas map reporter to send them a report about it!

iPhone 12
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[deleted]
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40 Reply with quote

riverpeak wrote:
shuttle1981 wrote:
Dear PGPSW
Can you please advise your membership to NOT download the latest application 8.350 software as there is a major bug which reduces the spoken volume down by at least 50 %.
So at normal road noise level the device is difficult to hear when the unit is on 100% volume.
Why TomTom cannot get there software to work is beyond me, there is a perfectly good volume bar at the bottom of the touch screen to reduce the volume if required.
Many thanks
Clive Watson

I had a similar problem when updating to 8.35. The way I was able to fix this was to go to "Change Preferences", then "Volume Preferences". Somehow, the update process checked the "Link volume to noise level" option, or if it didn't, it changed it's behavior. I unchecked this setting, and I'm back to the higher volume levels that I had before the update.

Has everyone having problems with sound followed the advice posted above? Having unchecked the "Link volume to noise level", the volume on my 720 is once again normal; screen refresh seems improved and there is (so far Very Happy ) no stuttering despite having had to downgrade to kate 6.93 in order to get computer voices to work.
Spiggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40 Reply with quote

Froggy wrote:
riverpeak wrote:
shuttle1981 wrote:
Dear PGPSW
Can you please advise your membership to NOT download the latest application 8.350 software as there is a major bug which reduces the spoken volume down by at least 50 %.
So at normal road noise level the device is difficult to hear when the unit is on 100% volume.
Why TomTom cannot get there software to work is beyond me, there is a perfectly good volume bar at the bottom of the touch screen to reduce the volume if required.
Many thanks
Clive Watson

I had a similar problem when updating to 8.35. The way I was able to fix this was to go to "Change Preferences", then "Volume Preferences". Somehow, the update process checked the "Link volume to noise level" option, or if it didn't, it changed it's behavior. I unchecked this setting, and I'm back to the higher volume levels that I had before the update.

Has everyone having problems with sound followed the advice posted above? Having unchecked the "Link volume to noise level", the volume on my 720 is once again normal; screen refresh seems improved and there is (so far Very Happy ) no stuttering despite having had to downgrade to kate 6.93 in order to get computer voices to work.

I tried it and I'm still having sound problems. I have reverted back to 8.302 Confused
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevee wrote
Quote:
In Canada and the USA when you park your car it must be left pointing in the direction of the traffic flow.
Same as thr UK at night, and sensible in daytime.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiggy wrote
Quote:
Has everyone having problems with sound followed the advice posted above?

No problems, except that volume had been turned down to 25% so I put it back up to 75%
spikeywelsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sound is a small problem was on a long driive today when all the roads wwnt off the map so all i had was the back ground. keeps doing this only was to get rid of it is to tap the screen to go to the menu anyone else got this problem

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 20 of 39

Jump to: