Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaycs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

I Have Done The Update On My 520 And Now I Dont Have Any Sound? Anyone Know Of A Fix?

I've Tried Selecting Different Voices Mute Isnt On And My Volumes Turned Up And Also I Have It Set To Internal Speaker? Yet No Sound At All..

Was Working Perfect Before The Update

Gratefull For Any Help

Jay
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: My 520 isn't picking up the update! Reply with quote

intikab wrote:
Tom Tom home isn't giving me the update! Anyone have any ideas why? I am on version 8.302 as far as I can tell and Home 2.6.2.1586....

I'm not being offered 8.350 either. Appears to have been pulled. Currently using 8.312
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: My 520 isn't picking up the update! Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
intikab wrote:
Tom Tom home isn't giving me the update! Anyone have any ideas why?

I'm not being offered 8.350 either. Appears to have been pulled.

That speaks volumes. Sad

The still haven't responded to my support ticket, either. Mad

The odd thing is, in a moment of sheer impetuous madness last night before going to bed, I tried connecting the 720 to Home (physically connecting it before switching on) - and it worked! So I disconnected, unplugged, switched off, plugged in again, switched on - connected again!!!! I haven't been brave/daft enough yet, though, to try switching it on before connecting to the PC - which always worked fine before the update but seems to be the process that is now the most problematic ...
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous post was for my 740 . . . no update offered to 8.350.
But my 930 just now is being offered that version. My understanding is 8.350 was for both my 740 and 930. Can anyone clarify?
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40 Reply with quote

Until I downgraded to a backup of an old Navcore, I was not offered the update...

I then had to do 2 separate updates to get it to work.

It appeared not to recognise 8.302, possibly because I had Kate V7 voices.

Volume is now very low even at 100%
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 740 is two weeks old, no previous navcore ever available, nor any voice modifications. The 930 update went smoothly and flawlessly.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riverpeak wrote:
shuttle1981 wrote:
Dear PGPSW
Can you please advise your membership to NOT download the latest application 8.350 software as there is a major bug which reduces the spoken volume down by at least 50 %.
So at normal road noise level the device is difficult to hear when the unit is on 100% volume.
Why TomTom cannot get there software to work is beyond me, there is a perfectly good volume bar at the bottom of the touch screen to reduce the volume if required.
Many thanks
Clive Watson

I had a similar problem when updating to 8.35. The way I was able to fix this was to go to "Change Preferences", then "Volume Preferences". Somehow, the update process checked the "Link volume to noise level" option, or if it didn't, it changed it's behavior. I unchecked this setting, and I'm back to the higher volume levels that I had before the update.

This is a really useful tip. I had given up on 8.350 because of the volume issue and reverted to 8.302. But I tried again with 8.350 and unchecked "Link volume to noise level" and, lo and behold, I am getting good sound levels from Jane (and have to turn Kate down to about 75%)
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reapeer wrote:
ok guys i d/loaded the new version thanks to mike i just copied and pasted it across and nothing is changed have i done this wrong
i did see some where instructions to install it but i cannot find it to save my life any one help please

Does this help per chance:

Make a FULL Back Up using Windows Explorer BEFORE you try any of this, TomTom Home should be the normal method to update devices, in the event of it failing:

The Navcore 8,350 software is available from the servers at TomTom:

Go-x20 Navcore 8,350

Go-x30 Navcore 8,350

Go540 & Go740 Navcore 8,350 Note this is NOT for 940

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the downloaded file

Depending upon which one you downloaded and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Please note the screen images I have used for this post are from an earlier version of TomTom Navcore, but the process is the same if installing any Navcore to the device.

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,350 installation will take around 2 minutes.

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,350 - Mike
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I see you've posted a link for the 740 8.350 update. That's not being offered by Home today. Can you confirm that TT's intent is to still offer the update for my 740? If so, any idea why TTHome no longer shows it? I hesitate to apply it if TomTom has pulled it for some reason.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea why Home isn't going for the software for your device, although they could be having server issues or there could be a minor problem with your TomTom Home - I only included the link above in answer to your earlier post, I guess its upto you whether to download it or download and install it - Mike
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike. I've already had downloaded, just not installed. I'll ask around before installing it, see if it's something in my setup causing it not to be offered or if the same applies to some other friends with the 740.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom support advised me that 8.350 is not applicable to the 740's. I did explain that European users had posted successsful offers and downloads for that version. He said the only information he had as of today was it should not be installed on the 740's, but perhaps only the North American version, he couldn't immediately confirm. Said it should be installed on only the x20/x30's. Guess I'll wait.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my 740, and everything appeared to go smoothly.

However, as others have observed, sat fix times have suffered. I used to get an almost instant fix. Yesterday, it took several minutes to do so.
reapeer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS MIKE
that worked a treat anyone wanting to update their 920 etc this advice is good mine has updated ok i have no problems with volume or voices but i dont have the extra buttons shown on an earlier screen i didnt know if theywas for a different tom tom
i have come to the conclusion that tom tom dont want us to update our devices unless it the 930 onwords to hell with anyone who has an older version
run before you can run syndrome comes to mind i cant believe that they told me there was no update to the application and quite abrupt as well lets shaft them and all buy a garmin Laughing Out Loud
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster, was the update offered today? If so, then that tends to confirm it's only the NA 740's that can't use 8.350. If they can selectively offer continent specific application updates, it's a shame they ever pulled FM support for North American devices.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 18 of 39

Jump to: