Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - Map update running no(LMG) not enough room on C drive
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - Map update running no(LMG) not enough room on C drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Help - Map update running no(LMG) not enough room on C drive Reply with quote

I have selected the LMG (WE 2 Gb) on my GO 720 and am now downloading it but my problem is the C drive is showing a pop-up that there is insufficient drive space.

My XP laptop is partitioned with C: very small, only about 1 Gb left now with Windows installed.

D: - 30 Gb free. I install all my programs on D:\Program Files and installed Home there (or so I thought). I did not think that the download would have been cached to C: Sad

All I can do at present I think is wait for it to fail and hope that I get a second chance!

If I do I am not sure if there is any way to use the D:drive as the temp storage.

My GO 720 has only the internal memory at present though I have a 2 Gb available if there is a way to us it to help resolve this.

Any help appreciated as I am currently about 1/3 through and about 50 mb left on the C:drive Shocked

UPDATE

It bombed out and after spending some time looking in Home I realized it's configurable via "Preferences" Embarassed

If in doubt RFM!

Restarted now and hoping it will work OK.
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Still stuck in map upgrade h*ll :-( Reply with quote

I now have the WE map upgrade file downloaded and it is in a "completed" folder in D: temp but despite changing all the preferences in home to point to the D: drive the program still wants to create a temp file there when installing the LMG file.

Is there a way to unzip it to another location and activate it as the new map?

I also have a 4 Gb SD card now if that is useful to help me solve this?

Any help appreciated.

I have a thought to try unzipping all the files into the WE folder and hope it works but I am afraid Home might not like it and mark my map as illegal or something bad Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insert the memory card to the device and connect it to your computer, using Home you should get an aoption to select between internal memory (Flash) and the SD Card, select the SD card then proceed with the map install to the SD card.
Using the memory card is a much easier way to overcome the low memory issue, once you have the new ma working you can either remove the old map (frees up plenty of space) or leave it alone.

Make sure you instruct Home to use the Flash/ Internal storage when you next update the software on your device or you will end up having fun and games sorting out what files need to be where on the device - Mike
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: SD Card Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it did not work.

I inserted the SD card which is blank, started Home, and Home asked me if I want to use it. After that I selected upgrade map and the new map is shown on My Computer. Unfortunately the same error comes up when I try and install it from Home, that is the install launches and informs me there is not enough room on C:

Here is the dump...

------------------------------------------------------

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/GetInstallable/DiskFull: There is not enough space for temporary files on drive C:\. Please use Disk Cleanup in Windows Explorer to delete temporary files and then run the installation again.
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(977)

in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:977
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:43:24 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps it would work if I manually transfer the new Zip file to the card and let Home use the card and find the upgrade there? My guess is it will still try and put the temp files on C: temp again though.

UPDATE

Tried that - no success. The only solution I can see is to install Home on another PC and hopefully log on as the original user and it will let me upgrade.

Is that possible?

Hopefully I will get it fixed before next week as the LMG runs out then Sad
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: SOLVED - and a new problem with cfg file Reply with quote

I gave up and installed Home on another machine which then allowed me to upgrade the map, and the new Navcore just released today.

UPDATE

Unfortunately the V8.350 goes into a reboot loop if I copy my old MapSettings.cfg across Crying or Very sad

That MapSettings.cfg has 4 or 5 new cameras in it which I'd like to submit but cannot get re-installed Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: