Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My Guide average speed camera problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My Guide average speed camera problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: My Guide average speed camera problem Reply with quote

I have a MyGuide 4200 (company gone bust!) and recently downloaded the speed camera txt file from this site which works fine except:
[a] Travelling North on the M6 I noticed that it beeped at virtually every other bridge after the M55 junction for Blackpool up to Carlisle although I could not see any cameras. Are there really that many cameras in Cumbria?
[b] when going through roadworks with average speed cameras the device tells me I am doing 120mph when I am sticking to 50mph. Then sometimes, after the last camera it makes a continuous racket so that I have to shut it off for some peace. The only way I can restore it to normal is by using the on\off slide switch on the reverse. This is obviously not possible when driving. There is no hole anywhere to insert the stylus to reset it. Is this a MyGuide problem rather than the speed camera txt file and how can I stop it happening?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beeps at the bridges are probably because mobile cameras have been seen operating there. Some may be pmobiles which are awaiting verification.

Specs cameras can be a pain as iGO is set to recognise cameras in pairs, where in the UK they can be three or more.

If you get the constant 'nag' having passed the last specs cam, which iGO could have it set as camera 1 (start) but it could be the third (end), just tap the top left warning icon to stop it. (Sometimes needs a double quick tap).
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My Guide average speed camera problem Reply with quote

reklawpete wrote:
[a] Travelling North on the M6 I noticed that it beeped at virtually every other bridge after the M55 junction for Blackpool up to Carlisle although I could not see any cameras. Are there really that many cameras in Cumbria?
This is probably caused by the device warning you of possible mobile sites. There is rarely actually a mobile cam at the sites, but you have been warned about them.
reklawpete wrote:
[b] when going through roadworks with average speed cameras the device tells me I am doing 120mph when I am sticking to 50mph.
Early versions of the IGO S/W was faulty and gave an average speed readout in KPH, although 50MPH should read 80KPH
reklawpete wrote:
Then sometimes, after the last camera it makes a continuous racket so that I have to shut it off for some peace. The only way I can restore it to normal is by using the on\off slide switch on the reverse. This is obviously not possible when driving. There is no hole anywhere to insert the stylus to reset it. ?
IGO think that specs cams always come in pairs, so start the calculation at the first and stop it at the second, restart at the third, and if there isn't a fourth you get the symptoms that you have. It may cancel it if you press and hold the cam alert icon (depending on the version number of IGO) A different skins can sort this out.
reklawpete wrote:
Is this a MyGuide problem rather than the speed camera txt file and how can I stop it happening?

Yes it's a myguide problem not the PGPSW database Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: