Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Every one should read THIS?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Every one should read THIS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to laugh at this "It's printed in MCN so it must be true".
What will you believe next? The Sun? Daily Wail?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
I have to laugh at this "It's printed in MCN so it must be true".
What will you believe next? The Sun? Daily Wail?
Clap Clap Clap It's just a shame that a copy and paste job manages to produce three pages in our forums. Rolling Eyes It's not even the OP's own original thinking!! Stop!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
widowmakerv2
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Dennis the menis Reply with quote

Ok BIG HEAD i am new to this if you get your kicks out of ripping apart other intresting story's so be it ? why bother? so you NEVER speed?
Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis the menis Reply with quote

widowmakerv2 wrote:
Ok BIG HEAD i am new to this if you get your kicks out of ripping apart other intresting story's so be it ? why bother? so you NEVER speed?
Rolling Eyes

Check my posts. Eventually you'll find that I'm a 69 year old fat slow git who holds up hairy bikers during my 60,000 whitevanman miles a year. By not speeding, EVER.

Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa there! Lighten up a bit.
What you have to understand is that this is a discussion forum where people who know quite a lot about speed cameras exchange ideas and occasionally have a bit of fun.
If you post something like this, especially with a title saying that "everyone must read it", you must expect it to be critically examined.
You might accept the story as the truth, but you can't expect everyone else to believe it just because you do.
widowmakerv2
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: sallyann Reply with quote

Sorry but things started getting very personal as for talking about things has anyone seen this topic before as quite a lot of the coment's were that they know nothing about this type of camera so i was trying to make people aware of this type of surveillance.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well having read the article and the various comments I'm still unsure as to whether or not this scheme is aimed at enforcing the speed of motorcyclists. But if it is, I support it.

I'm seen motorbikes driven sensibly, and I've seen motorbikes driven selfishly at high speed in built-up areas by riders who slalom betwen speed domes and know they are immune to conventional speed cams.

Last week while driving through the A14 SPECS scheme at the speed limit in heavy traffic we were passed at extremely high speed by a group of motorbikes weaving in and out of cars and trucks.

The classic accident between a car and bike is when the car driver doesn't see the bike before he pulls out of a side road. Bikes aren't easy to see head-on, and when they are driven above the speed limit it makes them even harder to avoid. That probably explains why some motorcyclists choose names like "widowmaker" Sad

For all these reasons I hope that speed enforcement can be applied equally to cars and motorbikes.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let's be honest here, Derbyshire have a huge issue with a small number of bikers who think some of their legendary roads exist simply to serve as a public race track. The fatality record alone is evidence of that.
widowmakerv2
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: no change Reply with quote

That probably explains why some motorcyclists choose names like "widowmaker"

You chose to get personal and you hate bikes thats up to you sallyann?

widowmaker refers to the bad reputaion that the SUZUKI TL1000S got because of its handing and V2 well thats because its a V-twin.

So should i call you sad sally? Surprised
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: no change Reply with quote

No, actually I quite like bikes and have ridden pillion many times. Some of the engineering design on modern bikes is brilliant.
But I do hate selfish drivers who cause accidents, whether they are on 2 wheels, 4 wheels or more. And as I said, it is wrong that motorbikes are in most cases exempt from speed limits. No vehicle should be.

As for the 'widowmaker', thanks for explaining the origin. But if the bike is known to have a bad reputation for handling issues, isn't that a further reason for not speeding on it?
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: no change Reply with quote

widowmakerv2 wrote:
That probably explains why some motorcyclists choose names like "widowmaker"

You chose to get personal and you hate bikes thats up to you sallyann?

So should i call you sad sally? Surprised

One might ask 'who is getting personal now?'

The article in MCN is pure speculation and does not discuss the actual cameras that are allegedly being deployed in the Derbyshire area. There is no evidence produced of the hardware to be used for this and the number of people here that have a vast knowledge of all types of camera equipment would be amongst the first to know about or see them The sums of money mentioned may just be for publicity and educational services that may or may not be used there.

To what does the word 'Conspiracy' refer. If this is a gov sponsored, council run effort to reduce accidents involving motor cycle riders, then who is conspiring against whom? Conspiracy in my book describes something secret. This is not a secret. It has been published.

If this work can do anything to educate the likes of this rider, then all power to their elbows.

I personally have no gripe against any rider who rides sensibly and within the law, the same attitude I have towards all other road users, so OP, please do not take this as a personal attack on you. If you do take it as that, then I am sorry for you.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: no change Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
If this work can do anything to educate the likes of this rider, then all power to their elbows.

I fear that sort of work will never educate the likes of him. But Six months in the slammer might do the trick!

widowmakerv2
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: fact Reply with quote

some one killing while using a phone gets a fine and points and a short ban? then ther is a biker that goes fast put him in jail ? makes it clear. EVEN to some fools on this site? SEE ABOVE.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: fact Reply with quote

widowmakerv2 wrote:
some one killing while using a phone gets a fine and points and a short ban?

Do you have any examples? No. Someone doing as you suggests gets prosecuted for death by dangerous driving which comes with MANDATORY jail time.
Quote:
makes it clear. EVEN to some fools on this site? SEE ABOVE.

Ok, that's close enough, no more comments like that please.
widowmakerv2
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite clear from a simple posting that it brings out some very nasty comments from people who like to stir up other users this is my last posting on this subject end off.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: