Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting popup "Application Update Req'd" every tim
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting popup "Application Update Req'd" every tim
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Getting popup "Application Update Req'd" every tim Reply with quote

Anyone else suffering this grief, in that not only does "Operate My Go" still not work under latest TT Home, but get this screen when selecting my TT HDD or sd Card?

I select the Update option each time.

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seen that, and also the "Operate my go *is* working for me latest software.

Do you know what software you are running (also what device is it!)
For the number tap the satellite bars and then tap the small box with "version" in it. The FULL number is on the next text screen.

The simplest answer may be to delete the software off the TomTom AND from the download cache in Home then re-download. Let us know if you need instructions on how to do this.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Thanks Andy; I'm sure Operate My Go was working on latest TT Home, but now ain't.

Yes, tips valued Wink

(720T)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every new software version needs a new support file to be downloaded by Home, so if you have changed your software that can stop it working. TomTom often take a few days to get the file sorted, but Home should download it automatically when it is ready (when you try to use the "operate my Go" feature).

But there haven't been any new releases recently, that's why it would be good to know what software you are running?

To force a new download of the latest software you can follow some notes I wrote HERE

But before you attempt it, make sure you've done a complete backup with Windows Explorer (See the FAQs at the top of the TomTom section of this forum for details).
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Not asking anymore :) Reply with quote

Tks 4 that, and followed procedure; I deleted a lot of content, but reconnecting to TT Home (2.6.1.1549) didn't offer d/loads, even after prompting.

However, seems to be working, including Operate My Go again. Twisted Evil
Guess all those files in cache superfluous.
On MY COMPUTER no TT icon now, just says "INTERNAL". Sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're nearly there!

To get the icon back:
On the TT itself you need a file called tomtom.ico - which is the icon
and a file called autorun.inf

If you are missing either of those, PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Icon Reply with quote

Tks again; ico file I had not deleted and have found autorun file in one of my backups;
have placed that in "INTERNAL" folder, same as TT Icon.
Switching TT on and off has reinstated icon.

Rolling Eyes
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Missing TT icon in MY Computer Reply with quote

Missing TT icon in MY Computer
This helpful ( Twisted Evil ) reply just received from TT Support, who I'd contacted earlier:

Windows does not always allocate the Tomtom icon ,The main thing is that the device is recognized .

With Kind Regards and have a good weekend .

Chris

The TomTom Customer Care Team

mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet...

I have been having exactly the same issue with my TT720 - always asking for a file to be updated and never doing it.

I shall thus follow these instructions and see if they work, all the way over here in Australia...

Cheers fellas - this could help me enormously.

Andy
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting popup "Application Update Req'd" every Reply with quote

peasemore wrote:
Anyone else suffering this grief, in that not only does "Operate My Go" still not work under latest TT Home, but get this screen when selecting my TT HDD or sd Card?

I select the Update option each time.

I get the same thing as well, but now my 520 is in endless reboot, I have reformatted the memory card and installed a recent backup, and all it does is ask me which language I want, then goes through menus, I press OK, then it freezes, I press reset button and it starts rebooting all over again and freezes up again, I even tried an older backup, but it made no difference, it was working fine before the update. On a previous occasion I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the Application update that was the problem, I installed a previous backup which cured the problem, but this time it does not solve the problem so I am really stuck with a 520 I cannot use. Oh the wonders of modern Technology!
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will help, but on upgrading to 8.350, I had exactly the same issue.

I was using an SD Card with the 8.302 application and 815 UK&ROI map and 7.220 app and 715 map on the Internal Memory.

My resolution was to backup both the Card and Internal Memory, delete all the files and folders from the Internal Memory and restore the 8.302/815 backup to Internal Memory.

I then let HOME do the upgrade to 8.350, with the 815 map and everything was fine, including normal volume services restored on 'Kate'.

I then wiped the SD Card and moved, not copied, all the files and folders from the Internal Memory to the card and then restored the 7.220/715 to the Internal Memory.

After that was completed, tests on both versions worked OK and routing is back to normal speed. Operate my Go form the SD Card app required the download of the required .dll and everything on that side is OK again.

Hope this helps.
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

Further information about this subject, I have just ordered TomTom maps on sd memory card because of my problems and seem to have lost my maps, the e-mail I got said do not update Applications as this can wipe the maps off your TomTom, and that is what seems to have happened to me with original maps, my TomTom 520 says no maps found, even after using backup on a sd card, so work that one out.
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

Just a bit extra Info this was not from TomTom but from a company called Hypergear
Quote- a bit of advice when using tomtom home to ensure you don't lose maps or they get wiped never install the "application" file

others such as map share etc are fine but just not that. end quote.
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

I have now received the sd card with new maps and application update already on sd card, and everything seems to be back to normal, the only thing is I made a backup on another sd card, but it would not work on my 520, it only works with the original sd card. So it seems like you can get TomTom maps without using TomTom Home. This was from a company called Hyper Gear, and it is slightly cheaper at £44 including postage.
Look for it on Amazon.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

BrianCollison wrote:
I have now received the sd card with new maps and application update already on sd card, and everything seems to be back to normal, the only thing is I made a backup on another sd card, but it would not work on my 520, it only works with the original sd card. So it seems like you can get TomTom maps without using TomTom Home. This was from a company called Hyper Gear, and it is slightly cheaper at £44 including postage.
Look for it on Amazon.

Just as a matter of interest, what version of Application and Map did you get? If it's working on your device, tap the sat strength meter and all the details will be shown.

Ta.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: