Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Roundabout diagrams on Nav Screen have too many junctions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Roundabout diagrams on Nav Screen have too many junctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Roundabout diagrams on Nav Screen have too many junctions Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been looking into options other than upgrading to Navman ST Pro V2 and have been trying out the Mapopolis demo. So far I've been impressed - both with the app and their quick customer service.

The question... When being routed over roundabouts, quite a few of the roundabout pics (in the navigator bar displayed at bottom of the screen) have more junctions than actually available. In some cases it looks like both exits and entrances to the roundabout are drawn in - but not all cases. The actual directions are correct (apart from the main roundabout at Cockfosters, North London where the map displays 5 connecting roads instead of the correct 4) but the picture is wrong.

Are these diagrams fed to Mapopolis from the Navman map database or are they calculated by the app itself? i.e. Who would be capable of fixing the problem?

Thanks for your time,
Mick.
AlunS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When one of the roads on the roundabout is a dual carriageway, it can look sometimes as if there's an extra exit there.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick,

Quote:
Are these diagrams fed to Mapopolis from the Navman map database or are they calculated by the app itself?

Poor Navman seem to get bashed a lot more than they deserve. I reckon you mean NavTEQ here, don't you? Confused
SafeHarbor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that this can occur when the major road map shows the roundabout and details all possible physical connections but the specific detail map is not present. Both are required to get an accurate depiction of a specific area when enroute. Only the local map, however, should show the roundabout correctly when used by itself OR when used with the proper quadrant major road map or country-wide major road map.

And JUST the major road map should route you correctly through the roundabout.

Is this what you're seeing?

By the way, it's NAVTEQ now, not NavTech. (And, yes, all upper case.)

Lamar
MickH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Tim,

Slip of the fingers. I did mean NavTech/NavTEQ/NAVTEQ. Wink

Hi Lamar,

I was using the local map - major road map - when I saw this behaviour.
The main map looked correct, but the navigation screen diagram showed too many exits.

Hi AlunS,

Your dual cariageway suggestion is a good one. I'll double check on my way home tonight.

Cheers,
Mick.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: