Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live services disabling
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live services disabling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adriano
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Live services disabling Reply with quote

Hi there,
Does anybody know how to disable live services permanently on my new GO940?
I`m very disappointed with the reliability of the traffic info provided. Also my unit calculates the route 10 times longer as my wife`s 930, freezes the screen (sometimes it refreshes the screen every 3-4 seconds) and interfering with my car radio, but when no GSM reception it discharges battery very quickly and in my oppinion is the worst service ever provided by TT. Does enybody can help with that?

Thanks, Adrian
TT GO940
App 8.310
W&C Europe 8.15.2003
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, its a little drastic trying to stop the GPRS service as there is no real easy way to do it, you could pull the sim card out but its not too easy to get at.

Look at the base of the device and on the label is the serial number, peel that back and remove the rubber bung, the SIM car can be found deep inside that slot, doing this could invalidate your warranty so if you are thinking of sending it back leave it alone - Mike
adriano
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Live services disabling Reply with quote

Thanks for quick reply Mike
Is there any less drastic solution? I was thinking about removing or modifying some part of navcore, but spent some time on that but still no success. If this not gonna work I will downgrade it to navcore from TT 930.
Thanks,
Adrian
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until the three month free trial has elapsed and don't renew the subscription, or if you have a user name from a different account/ device that you no longer use put that in to your x40 - this confuses the server and stops the Live services very effectively - Mike
adriano
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Live services disabling Reply with quote

Ok, I`ll wait, it`s just couple of days left but I`m just wondering if the hd traffic status bar gonna stay on the right hand site of the screen with annoying yellow triangle and exclamation mark inside showing simcard fault.
Thanks for all,
Adrian
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Live services disabling Reply with quote

adriano wrote:
Ok, I`ll wait, it`s just couple of days left but I`m just wondering if the hd traffic status bar gonna stay on the right hand site of the screen with annoying yellow triangle and exclamation mark inside showing simcard fault.
Thanks for all,
Adrian

No once the sub is deactivated or expired the staus bar at the right of the screen will dissapear only to return if you reactivate it. If you have traffic info on the map view you will get the yellow triangle in the top left of the map screen, if you remove the tick to show traffic info that will go as well.
adriano
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Live services disabling Reply with quote

Hi,
Thats really good news, I can`t wait when my subscription gonna expired. Thanks Flashyphotos,
Regards,
Adrian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: