Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI recorder for go 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI recorder for go 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davemck3834
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: POI recorder for go 530 Reply with quote

Hope somebody can help me is there any software to be installed on PNA (in particular Go530) to record poi's as you pass them. I've tried various little cheats like storing each camra as a favourite and then trawling back through them at home, just thought there must be an easier way[/b]
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at Andy's Post Here.

I'll also move this thread to a more suitable Forum. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that procedure explains why I for one never bother with camera info. Way too much hassle when what is needed is a simple button and perhaps on the x40 a short voice record of a reminder.

From the M6 to Norwich, I noted that there were a few places where both the PocketGPSWorld and the TomTom cameras had holes (or or the other had them, but just occasionally not both), but I feel I can't safely note them. (It is of course possible that the cameras were not in use - I saw at least one that was covered.) PGW seemed more complete too, fwiw, and the TT ones seem to have loads of exclamation marks which are presumably designed to distract you at key points of danger or something. Anyway, I derailed myself - recording locations I want to record is too hard.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
I think that procedure explains why I for one never bother with camera info. Way too much hassle when what is needed is a simple button and perhaps on the x40 a short voice record of a reminder.

I agree it isn't straight-forward but we can only work with what we have. We did have POICapture until tomTom pulled the SDK.

Still even if you only note one camera using the Mapshare record a location button it helps the database?
Quote:
From the M6 to Norwich, I noted that there were a few places where both the PocketGPSWorld and the TomTom cameras had holes (or or the other had them, but just occasionally not both), but I feel I can't safely note them. (It is of course possible that the cameras were not in use - I saw at least one that was covered.)

How do you mean holes? Mobile cams that weren't there? Fixed cams that we didn't have?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
Way too much hassle when what is needed is a simple button and perhaps on the x40 a short voice record of a reminder.

"Method 3b" in my post is exactly that... A one-button press solution...
Yes, I know you'll have to remember what the details are, but ANY solution is either going to be quick and simple or logs more details but needs further input/screen tapping.

I have used the voice recorder on my phone in conjunction with "method 3b" before now, when there are lots of SPECS cameras to re-log.

I very much doubt you'll have much luck getting TomTom themselves to introduce a voice recording feature, when thy're having so much trouble keeping the core functions working!
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As noted, I also use the mapshare report option - it's the only one on my shortcut menu so it's on screen all the time.

To remember the details, I have a cheap MP3 player/voice recorder (Logik MP31001 - <£10 at Currys) that I can press the button and speak into. You just have to remember to record enough detail about where you are to work out which location the recording is for. Guess who doesn't? Embarassed
Brodit ProClip mount
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
How do you mean holes? Mobile cams that weren't there? Fixed cams that we didn't have?

Well, it is hard to be sure given I was concentrating on driving in strange places, but there were just one or two places that didn't have the overlap and I just got a "TT" sound instead of the "PGW" sound. Mainly yours were more prolific though, so I have no issues. Indeed, some of the TT mobiles were beyond the point that a mobile could be sitting.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: