Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muggerb wrote:
Even though I'm registered, everytime I try to log onto Route Share I get bounced back to the initial Register your Active 10 page!

Route Planner works great though - except height info doesn't get transferred.

I just had a play on route Planner and had to log in as expected. When I then took a look at Route Share, in the same IE session, no log in was required. Possibly a cookie driven feature.

If that does not work try deleting the Satmap cookies and then try again.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice software.

I will feedback to Satmap, but with my short playing with it setting up routes for 'the lads' Spring weekend Lake District walking I would like to see a "Save As.." feature. This would allow me to have different variations on a route (e.g. valley or ridge section depending on weather) without having to plot all the waypoints again. It may be there but it's not obvious. I've handled this by doing a main route and alternative sections as separate routes. Not ideal - but workable.

Also the works area isn't as large as I would like - but this is nit-picking a beta release Laughing
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the postings in this thread, it seems that most or all those using the beta have had to re-register.

Does anyone know if that is because the beta is on a different server, with the registation data not copied across?

If the database has been somehow lost, it cold be interesting when they introduce a charge for those not registered.
terry8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been attempting to download a route directly from the new route planner to my Active 10 using the USB lead, but I am continuously being directed to Memory Map, then having to convert to GPX file transfer this to Satsync, and from there importing into my Active 10. This seems like a drawn out way plus using MM you lose Elevation details. I have contacted Satmap regarding this and the answer I got was "This is down to the fact that you probably have .gpx files default application set to Memory Map. This is a setting within your Operating System, when you download you should be able to save rather then open the file". I am afraid I did not quite follow this.Can anyone throw any light onto this?

Terry
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now managed to register. According to Satmap
Quote:
There was a problem with the registrations database, your unit has not been previously registered, and I am sorry for any concern caused

So there does seem to have been some trouble with their registration database, hopefully now resolved.
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terry8 wrote:
I have contacted Satmap regarding this and the answer I got was "This is down to the fact that you probably have .gpx files default application set to Memory Map. This is a setting within your Operating System, when you download you should be able to save rather then open the file". I am afraid I did not quite follow this.Can anyone throw any light onto this?

Terry

Terry, you don't say what operating system you're using, but in Vista you would go to Control Panel/Default Programs/Set Associations, find .gpx and take it from there. It's a while since I've done this in XP but it will be something similar.
daveweth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In XP go to Control Panel-Folder Options-File Types then look for GPX in the extensions column.
terry8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks goon525........Sorry I should have mentioned it was Vista. I have followed your directions and have found the GPX file but I am not too sure what File/Programme to associate it with, please excuse my stupidity if this is obvious.

Terry
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I associate Notepad with mine, then I can peek inside and edit the file if required.

I don't think Satsync is an option.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terry8 wrote:
I have been attempting to download a route directly from the new route planner to my Active 10 using the USB lead, but I am continuously being directed to Memory Map, then having to convert to GPX file transfer this to Satsync, and from there importing into my Active 10. This seems like a drawn out way plus using MM you lose Elevation details. I have contacted Satmap regarding this and the answer I got was "This is down to the fact that you probably have .gpx files default application set to Memory Map. This is a setting within your Operating System, when you download you should be able to save rather then open the file". I am afraid I did not quite follow this.Can anyone throw any light onto this?

Terry

When you use the download GPX option from the Routplanner you should be prompted if you want to Open or Save the file. Simply save the file to a folder then use SatSync to Import the route into your Active 10
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Ive tried every combination of serial number to log on.No luck. Do you type in the hyphens as well? Mind you Ive tried that as well!

John
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number is under the battery housing you will see a bar code under which is the CE mark followed by the part number "SM-ACT-10-V1UNT" below this part number is another line of text which is the device serial number, it is this you need to use for registration, there are no hyphens in the device serial number AFAIK - Mike
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And remember to use UPPER case for 'ACT10UK...'
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
And remember to use UPPER case for 'ACT10UK...'

Doesn't appear to be case sensitive...used it the other day in lower case without a problem and just tried it again in lower and it's still ok.
marty-w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried to upload a gpx file from the satmap to the route planner and it said the file was too big??

It said there was a maximum of 100kb which seems incredibly small and I don't know of any way of reducing the gpx file created by the satmap device.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

-martin-

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: