Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 1 version 3 W.Europe with rds-tmc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 1 version 3 W.Europe with rds-tmc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: TomTom 1 version 3 W.Europe with rds-tmc Reply with quote

I was trying out a new usb rds-tmc on a return trip from Harrogate to the other side of Bristol. It showed me the lane restrictions on the way but I didn't experience any holdups. My question is, if there is a long holdup anywhere, will my tomtom automatically reroute me around? Or, do I need to preset this option somewhere or does it automatically ask me on the screen what I wish to do?
I must say I was impressed with the reception, running the aerial wire behind the passenger sun visor, across to behind the rear view mirror and the vertically down to my vent-mount. I had to do this because I had trouble getting the suction pads to stay for any length of time on the windscreen.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the device powered up and the RDS receiver plugged in tap the traffic bar on the right of the screen, no select "Change Traffic Preferences" one of the pages of options offers the capability to "always switch to that route" - use it at your peril - the "Ask me if I want that route" is a better option IMHO - Mike
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
With the device powered up and the RDS receiver plugged in tap the traffic bar on the right of the screen, no select "Change Traffic Preferences" one of the pages of options offers the capability to "always switch to that route" - use it at your peril - the "Ask me if I want that route" is a better option IMHO - Mike

Thanks for your help here. Will I have to reset my options each time I use the receiver or will it set itself to my last request?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will store whatever preference you set, you shouldn't have to mess around with the settings again unless you perform a "restore factory settings" - Mike
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Hi Mike
I have powered up tomtom with rds connected and tapped the traffic bar as suggested. I selected Change Traffic Preferences which took me to the next page which shows three boxes. The first is "Automatically minimise delays after every traffic update" Next "Beep when traffic situation on route changes" and finally "Tune manually by entering a frequency" I don't seem to have the same options as you suggest. My next page is to "Select RDS-TMC country" to which I have selected"Any country strongest signal"
I can't find the options you are suggesting...sorry Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "automatically minimise delays" option will auto re-route if/ when a traffic incident is encountered enroute, the "beep when traffic situation changes" will give you a warning then its up to you to accept the re-route or ignore the traffic information.
The differences are probably due to different devices - I checked this on a 930 so some of the menu text could well differ from your device - Mike
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The "automatically minimise delays" option will auto re-route if/ when a traffic incident is encountered enroute, the "beep when traffic situation changes" will give you a warning then its up to you to accept the re-route or ignore the traffic information.
The differences are probably due to different devices - I checked this on a 930 so some of the menu text could well differ from your device - Mike

Thanks again for your help here, always nice to know someone is at hand to help with problems and deal with them so quickly Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: