Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.301 now being offered by Home for X20 Devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.301 now being offered by Home for X20 Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Operate My Go Reply with quote

I see TT Home has d/load fix for this feature now. Confused
plimo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtom support emailed me yesterday saying the emulator function had been fixed and amazingly they said that this would fix the voice stutter as well... Confused
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plimo wrote:
tomtom support emailed me yesterday saying the emulator function had been fixed and amazingly they said that this would fix the voice stutter as well... Confused

Look out of the window - there are pigs flying past ........
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plimo wrote:

Shows what we are up against trying to report problems in a rational way to these guys...
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
plimo wrote:

Look out of the window - there are pigs flying past ........

Exactly! I have just fired up Home and it says I have the latest version v2.5.2.60 but the emulator does not work. TomTom may have "fixed" the problem but have they actually released it........... Am now running Navcore 8.320 after a tip by "Mike" and have just got back home after an 80 mile journey. Stutter still there, Traffic (via mobile phone) does what it feels like doing at any given moment and every now and then the unit resets itself. It did not do that before the latest official update or the unofficial one (for my unit anyway)

Seems to me that Support can be either rude or ingratiatingly helpful but either way nothing seems to get done.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why we need to put our complaint log numbers on Andy's thread, so there is enough dissatisfied customers that can be forwarded to watchdog, so we can get our units working like they should, as it said on the box when we bought them, and get our money refunded or an extension of the 12 month contract of map updates.
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullyterrier wrote:
This is exactly why we need to put our complaint log numbers on Andy's thread, so there is enough dissatisfied customers that can be forwarded to watchdog, so we can get our units working like they should, as it said on the box when we bought them, and get our money refunded or an extension of the 12 month contract of map updates.

Sorry but I do not know which Andy referred to but for the record my "Incident number" is TomTom - Application 8.301 [Incident: 090217-002902]
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Please have a read of This Post where you will find the full instructions and download links - Mike

Hello Mike, I responded to this thread on your link thread but here is some feedback.

Am now running Navcore 8.320 after your tip solution and have just got back home after an 80 mile journey. Stutter still there, Traffic (via mobile phone) does what it feels like doing at any given moment and every now and then the unit resets itself. It did not do that before the latest official update or the unofficial one (for my unit anyway)
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowan29a wrote:

Sorry but I do not know which Andy referred to but for the record my "Incident number" is TomTom - Application 8.301 [Incident: 090217-002902]

This one
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

layingback wrote:
Rowan29a wrote:

This one

Thanks - done! The more the merrier but will we succeed though?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowan, did you also update the TTS voice files as per the instructions? if you did do this then there is little else I can suggest, as I have said all along this fix isn't 100% but in most cases it is better than the standard release.

To anyone who is running 8,320 on their device, please don't expect the Home software emulator to work, this isn't TomToms fault as you are running software not intended for the device - Mike
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Rowan, did you also update the TTS voice files as per the instructions? if you did do this then there is little else I can suggest, as I have said all along this fix isn't 100% but in most cases it is better than the standard release.

To anyone who is running 8,320 on their device, please don't expect the Home software emulator to work, this isn't TomToms fault as you are running software not intended for the device - Mike

Thanks Mike,

Yes, I did update the TTS files as per instructions. I had a far better experience with TTN 3 and a Compaq pocket pc. Less is more I guess!

How do you go back to previous Navcore versions e.g. the one previous to the official version for the 520 by the way?
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

home downloaded a small file today and now it is all working ok even the operate my go
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowan29a wrote:

How do you go back to previous Navcore versions e.g. the one previous to the official version for the 520 by the way?

The best way is to always make a backup of the system before you make any changes. Keep those backups in folders named with the date plus software version or map version (or whatever else it was you changed).

Easy to revert back to an entire previous set-up then, or to pick and choose certain files for more advanced experimenting!
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reverting to earlier versions of Navcore Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I had done a full backup using Explorer but then that was overwritten by another backup when installing 8.320! Ah well, you live 'n learn, moral of the story is - two backups!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: