Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.301 now being offered by Home for X20 Devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.301 now being offered by Home for X20 Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reverting to earlier versions of Navcore Reply with quote

Rowan29a wrote:
Thanks Andy, I had done a full backup using Explorer but then that was overwritten by another backup when installing 8.320!

I don't see how that can happen!
It's known that Home overwrites it's own backups, but when you make one with Windows Explorer, YOU decide where to put it. That's one of the reasons to use it rather then Home Smile
mickrichardson535
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home today after a few days away - my TTG 720 T worked just fine - no stutter - no lag - no problems with phone or music - in fact no problem at all. Took a journey from Felixstowe to Leatherhead on 16th - returned today.

Would point out that when I left home on the 16th - hadn't used TTH since 15th ... don't think 'Operate My Device' was working at that time - though having done an update this afternoon, it does now.

Mick
Malouff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reverting to earlier versions of Navcore Reply with quote

Rowan29a,

I see you are running an x20

Are you saying you want to revert from 8.320 (unofficial TomTom Work ed) to 8.300 first official to support 8.15 maps?

1. Download navcore_8.300.9732.gox20.cab or use the one in your TomTom folder if Home installed it before

2. Right click TomTom Home and select exit (you can start it again by using the icon in your start menu).
*This is so you can use explorer to do everything and make sure you don't get any file permission locks if Home is accessing any files.

3. Extract and replace the following files to the root of your Go
ttgo.bif, data.chk, ttsystem

4. You may also want to extract and replace the files in the TomTom-Cfg folder
It has the following files inside
birthday.txt, image.ver, local.ini

5. Reboot your Go and you will now have your 8.300 again

Notes:
I don't know if the Go needs the TomTom-Cfg folder to operate because it only contains birthday and build information but it's always better to be safe than sorry so I would replace and they are not very big files.

I also don't know if the Go needs ttgo.bif copied back as it seems to fill in the missing information so it is either appending to that file or deleting and recreating the file. If it is creating they you may not need to copy but again it's always better to be safe than sorry so I would copy the file over.

You also seem to have indicated that you have had 8.301 before you will have a leftover release.nfo file in the TomTom-Cfg folder from that navcore - it can remain there and may likely get replaced with a new navcore sometime in the future
That file seems like it will be replacing the other three files in that folder

You will also have a leftover fleetcd folder that was installed by both the 8.301 and 8.320 navcore's - I would leave that folder there as the next firmware will most likely also include it.
It has been included in 8.320, 8.301, and 8.310 so it looks like it will be included from here on out.
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reverting to earlier versions of Navcore Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Rowan29a wrote:
Thanks Andy, I had done a full backup using Explorer but then that was overwritten by another backup when installing 8.320!

I don't see how that can happen!
It's known that Home overwrites it's own backups, but when you make one with Windows Explorer, YOU decide where to put it. That's one of the reasons to use it rather then Home Smile

Dead easy when you know how! After the 8.301 "update had been installed and Home refused to work I logged onto this site. I knew, given TomTom's expertise Rolling Eyes that I would not alone to find this lively forum. It was suggested that 8.320 might be suitable so I backed up (using Explorer) before following the comprehensive instructions to install 8.320. As that did not cure the stutters etc restoring the Explorer backup took me back to my original problem. Hence my resolve to have two backups - belt and braces maybe so I won't make the same mistake again. Glad to report that everything seems to work now and thanks to all for the sage advice.
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught up on this thread after a couple of weeks absence due to moving home. I have not seen any reason to 'upgrade' to 8.301 and several rasons not to.
According to www.tomtom.com/6141 all it does is "Fixes EPT not working in Australia"

Go 750 LIVE Europe Map 870.3406
Go 720 W Europe Map 865.3245
One XL W Europe. Map 715.1689
Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanji wrote:
Just caught up on this thread after a couple of weeks absence due to moving home. I have not seen any reason to 'upgrade' to 8.301 and several rasons not to.
According to www.tomtom.com/6141 all it does is "Fixes EPT not working in Australia"

I have noticed a fix of a bug in one of the menu views. That's about it. Smile
navver
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just been told by tomtom about the stutter,

'the issue is still being worked on, apologies for the delay'

Also about 8.3 problems stopping me upgrading to the latest map, 8.15,

'After checking with our second line, they have confirmed that version 8.15 mapping will be compatible with v8.010 software. This means that you will be able to update maps and still use the older software version'.

Has anyone tried running app 8.010 with 8.3 maps. I'm reluctant to spend money upgrading the map without being sure it will work.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navver wrote:
'After checking with our second line, they have confirmed that version 8.15 mapping will be compatible with v8.010 software. This means that you will be able to update maps and still use the older software version'.

Has anyone tried running app 8.010 with 8.3 maps. I'm reluctant to spend money upgrading the map without being sure it will work.
Someone at TT Towers has been smoking wacky backy again, you need Navcore 8,300 as a minimum to use the v815 maps - you have been miss informed - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
navver wrote:

Someone at TT Towers has been smoking wacky backy again, you need Navcore 8,300 as a minimum to use the v815 maps - you have been miss informed - Mike

Dutch - wacky backy - never!

They didn't tell you when the new maps were out did they?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Dutch - wacky backy - never!

They didn't tell you when the new maps were out did they?

He's already told you, 9th April 2009. Pay attention at the back there!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: