Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Looking for a paticular unit to meet my needs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a paticular unit to meet my needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motorsport_safety
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Looking for a paticular unit to meet my needs Reply with quote

Hi all

Im not sure if what im looking for is available but if it is then im sure someone here will be able to point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a unit that will let me plot my own course I know that I can do this using waypoints but when im covering an event that can be over 100 miles then it gets a bit long winded turn by turn Laughing Out Loud

I cover a few road races both on bikes and running and what I need to do is to be able to put the course into the satnav and if possible put waypoints in for the post nos that way if I get a call to go to post 24 for eg then I can hit the way point and go straight there or follow the planned route if checking on othere posts and making sure direction boards etc are there.

I currently have a garmin I think its the 660 its in the truck so not 100% sure Laughing Out Loud sorry im crap :-) and in a few months ill prob have a pc based soloution in there and do have memory map available to me.

Am I best just sticking to memory map drawing the route out on the pc putting in notes on the map with nos and then just transfereing it over to the pc/laptop that will be in the truck.

Iv not played with MM yet all that much so im not sure what it can do. If there is a stand alone unit that could do this then that would be great as sometimes im not in my vehicle so its easy to transfer the unit to the back up unit etc. Oh forgot also need full uk street level mapping and road names if poss.

There are some other things that would be great if they can be included but not a majore thing really

* knowing what road im currently on rather than what the next turn is
* TMC
* Bluetooth call handling
* easy pc update and hook up

I dont mind mixing and matching units if I have to at the moment the garmin does all of the above except for the ability to plot my own route I think I could do it with waypoints but if you think of the no of turns on a 100mile run its a lot Laughing Out Loud

Thanks guys

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: