Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navigon free trial
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navigon free trial
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: navigon free trial Reply with quote

http://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/products/navigation_software/windowsmobile_pda
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the heads up, its quite a fast download of the 1,69GB needed for the Europe selection, under 30 minutes isn't bad at all, question is which device shall I put it on? - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial impression is quite good, a decent TTS voice for reading out road names is very good and works well on the PDA software version, also the inclusion of Lane Assist is a welcome surprise.

Although I am not too sure about the routing from what I have seen in the first hour, but I will have a play around with the settings and see if it can be "tuned" - Mike
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i put mine into landscape mode i get an error memory its an mda compact 111
molchew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no TMC for the UK!!
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Initial impression is quite good, a decent TTS voice for reading out road names is very good and works well on the PDA software version, also the inclusion of Lane Assist is a welcome surprise.

Although I am not too sure about the routing from what I have seen in the first hour, but I will have a play around with the settings and see if it can be "tuned" - Mike
I've used NavigatoR 2 ( The PC Version ) before nowe and really kliked it.... I'd be intrested in seeing how this stacks up although no TMC ( over the net would be nice ) again is a real downer.

Terran
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats it like for speed? i've used navigon on a fujitsu loox and it was really slow to responding...

MaFt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
what’s it like for speed?
If you ignore the route and deliberately drive away from what the software is telling you do the re-planning is probably the fastest I have ever seen on a PDA. The responsiveness of the screen and menu access is very good with no noticeable lag, there is a bit of a delay when you launch the application but it is ready to go in under 10 seconds - I am still playing with the vehicle settings trying to get a more sensible route offered though!
Why not try it out MaFt it will run on your MDA C-III - Mike
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded the trial version and , like Mike, I am finding the routing to be quite bizarre, although in other respects I quite like it. I would have liked to see integration with the CONTACTS list on my phone and to navigate to a Lat/Long coord but you can't have it all. It will probably be uninstalled unless I can improve on the routing but I am not hopeful. Hopefully Mike can do so and report back.

I am in a quandry over this. I want to replace my TT software since it looks as if TT wont be going forward with the PDA/Smartphone platform so I am looking for alternatives. I hear good reports of IGo but I am put off by the fact that it comes on a SD card which you need to plug in and out to use it. I have a SD card crammed with other stuff and I need that too and I can't believe it is beyond the wit of man to design their software to be installed onto a users own SD card.

That leaves CPL7 and it looks from the initial reviews that there were some early 'issues' but I imagine these have now been resolved - anybody know? So CPL7 is an option but I still await the potential launch of a product capable of supporting the newer maps ( Transport) with road widths etc and I thought we would have seen a CPL version by now but not so. They have launched something in US but it hasn't got very good reviews so far.

Are there any other WM solutions out there?

Roy
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will MN7 run on my MyGuide 6500XL PDA running the old 2003 software?

I tried asking Navigon but they never bothered to reply and I don't want to install it over my working version of MN6 if it will not work!
knobby63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pgpsw cams tho ?
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - just use ASC Speed files.
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the routing unacceptable so uninstalled. I then gave McGuider a try but I am even more disappointed with that - although the routing is good for me.

So I tried to return to MN7 but my trial time has expired. Navigon agreed to allow a further period but this has not happened and it seems too difficult to do so I am still debating what to do.

I dismissed TT and still wait CPL8. Igo8 is eliminated because it is locked to it's own sd card. So I would really appreciate feedback on MN7 now.

Particularly, Mike Alder was concerned about routing - did you manage to resolve this?

Any feedback welcome.

Roy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did manage to work out the best settings for the software to produce reasonable routes, the software constantly took long trips on the motorway rather than the shorter and much quicker A roads. It would always get you to the correct destination but not in the most efficiant mannor - Mike
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - I would like to explore that a bit further.

I understand the preference for Motorways over A roads. Was there also a preference for A roads over B roads to the same extent?

The reason I ask is that I have been using McGuider/Sygic for 6 months and , as I am sure you know, it is very TT like. I have decided not to proceed with it because of some silly bugs relating to roundabouts and instructions but , even now perhaps an upgrade will address that. Apart from that, the routing suited me very well because I need the SatNav for a Motor Caravan use and, in the absence of a credible solution relating to road widths and vehicle dimensions, the McGuider system of biasing towards A roads rather than B roads suited me fine. To say Motorways over A roads would not , however, be what I want.

Isn't it sad that in the early TT days we could program road speeds to help resolve this matter.

The McGuider product also took road speed limits into account whilst routing which I don't think TT does. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has knowledge of whether this is 'normal' or if it is something which is unique to McGuider. It was definitely a plus for me.

Roy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: