Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA Reply with quote

There is a new speed camera in my area, and it has not been submitted yet, so i believe i am the 1st person to submit the camera
But my problem is , i cannot seem to work out how to submit the camera
How do i work out what the longtitude and lattitude codes are for the camera, using the submit map?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the marker to the correct position and hit "Update Co-Ordinates for Single Submission" above the map. It will enter the co-ordinates of the marker for you.

Full instructions are under the map inclusing

Quote:
Finally, click on the "Update Co-ordinates" button to update the Latitude and Longitude fields on the form, complete the other details and send the entry.
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mean the blue pin thing?
I have been trying that, but the map just keeps freezing up and i can't move the map to where i need to get to
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA Reply with quote

fordfocusmad wrote:
There is a new speed camera in my area, and it has not been submitted yet, so i believe i am the 1st person to submit the camera

Well done. Just a reminder, you need to be a current subscriber for this "first" to gain you a lifetime subscription. Good luck.
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA Reply with quote

Mullet wrote:
fordfocusmad wrote:

Well done. Just a reminder, you need to be a current subscriber for this "first" to gain you a lifetime subscription. Good luck.

Hi
do you mean a current subscriber of the speed cameras?
I have paid for the yearly subscription, so if thats what you mean , then yes i am subscribed
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's it. Wouldn't want you to miss out.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you mean the blue pin thing?
I have been trying that, but the map just keeps freezing up and i can't move the map to where i need to get to

Yes, the blue pin thing.

Are you trying to drag the map by clicking on a part away from the pin or are you trying to drag the pin? You can't drag the pin if the latter, you have to move the map under the pin.
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, it wasn't explained very well in the submit instructions, anyway hopefully i have submitted it ok now
how do you know if your the 1st to submit the camera?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how do you know if your the 1st to submit the camera?

Once the camera location and details have been verified the first person to submit will be emailed to tell them once the camera goes live on the database. It may take some time to be verified especially in the case of Mobile cameras.

Just hang in their and good luck.
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully wont take too long for someone to verify it
its an important one which will be easy to see
its on the main A40 into london at park royal

what about submitting photos of the camera to verify it?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA Reply with quote

fordfocusmad wrote:

There's no way of telling if it hasn't been submitted yet from the map, I'm afraid...
As it says at the top:- "The submission map below now shows active sites, pending mobile sites and your own submissions that have been provisionally included (i.e. not every submission) but awaiting verification".

If you're the first, you'll know when the "life subscription" email arrives (after it's been verified).

I live fairly near there.... Wink

P.S. If it is the one near Gypsy Corner, just north of Victoria Road and Horn Lane, you may want to quickly re-submit the "heading".
It's showing as 90 degrees at the moment which means it would capture you when heading due East!
Somewhere around 160 degrees looks more like it.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what about submitting photos of the camera to verify it?

The photo could be of any camera, anywhere"

The Verifiers will need to visit to check the camera type, angle, speed and location is correct. On a busy London Road it won't take long....
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: HELP SUBMITTING A NEW SPEED CAMERA Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
fordfocusmad wrote:

There's no way of telling if it hasn't been submitted yet from the map, I'm afraid...
As it says at the top:- "The submission map below now shows active sites, pending mobile sites and your own submissions that have been provisionally included (i.e. not every submission) but awaiting verification".

If you're the first, you'll know when the "life subscription" email arrives (after it's been verified).

I live fairly near there.... Wink

P.S. If it is the one near Gypsy Corner, just north of Victoria Road and Horn Lane, you may want to quickly re-submit the "heading".
It's showing as 90 degrees at the moment which means it would capture you when heading due East!
Somewhere around 160 degrees looks more like it.

if you live near there, i will describe it to you
if your on the A40 coming from hanger lane going towards shepherds bush, just before you get to the traffic lights where you turn to go left to asda or left to carphone warehouse offices, it has just been put there on the junction where you turn left to asda or carphone.
So it definatley is going east into central london. So i think my degrees are correct, but i couldnt get the map working properly where you submit the cameras.
The camera is facing east and it is not the camera that is in the central reservation that can be moved in wither direction, this is permanently fixed in the direction of central london or shepherds bush. I hope from this description you can find the camera i'm talking about. I checked this weeks release and it is not on there, so i'm really hopeful i am the 1st to report this new camera
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent, fordfocusmad....
fordfocusmad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, just replied to you

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: