Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t want to throw a fly in the ointment but I suspect it’s not the Loquendo per se that is causing the voice problems. I suspect this because my 520 (navcore x40) was working perfectly last night until I went into voices & selected / tested them to confirm that they were working ok. They were, but when I then planned a route & used demo I found that all sound had gone. When I went back into voices I found that they no longer worked when I ‘tested’ them.
I deleted & reinstalled Kate & Simon through home, that didn’t work
I installed the 'back-up' working copy of Loquendo but this didn’t help either.
I finally deleted the lot & reinstalled the complete working backup & all voices returned.
If it was just the Loquendo that was at fault replacing it with a proven working version would’ve fixed the problem, but it didn’t, I had to replace the whole OS, so it sound to me as if there is a setting somewhere else that is being affected by the voices & that is stopping them working.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the fix that tomtom support have sent me for this voice problem.

Could you try the following to resolve the voice corruption issues you are having. You will need to establish which voice you are using and download the appropriate voice, when download ensure you Save the file and then extract the contents to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device.

Please follow the details carefully only clicking on what is stated, it may be advisable you back your TomTom up before trying these steps.

If you need any assistance in this please do not hesitate to contact myself.

Just copy the contents of the V7 voice files into the LoquendoTTS folder saying yes to copy directories but no to replace files.

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/American_English-male-Dave.cab

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/American_English-female-Susan.cab

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/British_English-female-Kate.cab

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/British_English-male-Simon.cab

Can anyone try and work this out. I tried to do like was said above, but when I went to transfer the kate files after doing the Simon I was told that there is not enough space. As it states you shouldn't overwrite the files. Anyone with Ideas as to how this wonderful fix is supposed to work. Plus I wonder where they got the idea for this fix from?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar behaviour before with a previous Navcore and TTS6 voices, a paperclip reset fixed it for me.

Running 8.3 and 8.204 with TTS7 voices I have had no voice stutter for almost 2 weeks, travelling every day.

On 8.3 the map refresh is awful at times, it is almost as if it has lost the satellite fix and then comes back again.

For the short term I am running 8.204 until TT get their act together and get round to fixing this.

Reading about the problems with the LIVE services I am so glad I didn't buy an x40 though!!!!!

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullyterrier wrote:
This is the fix that tomtom support have sent me for this voice problem.

Could you try the following to resolve the voice corruption issues you are having. You will need to establish which voice you are using and download the appropriate voice, when download ensure you Save the file and then extract the contents to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device.

Please follow the details carefully only clicking on what is stated, it may be advisable you back your TomTom up before trying these steps.

If you need any assistance in this please do not hesitate to contact myself.

Just copy the contents of the V7 voice files into the LoquendoTTS folder saying yes to copy directories but no to replace files.

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/American_English-male-Dave.cab

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/American_English-female-Susan.cab

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/British_English-female-Kate.cab

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts/loquendo7/British_English-male-Simon.cab

Can anyone try and work this out. I tried to do like was said above, but when I went to transfer the kate files after doing the Simon I was told that there is not enough space. As it states you shouldn't overwrite the files. Anyone with Ideas as to how this wonderful fix is supposed to work. Plus I wonder where they got the idea for this fix from?

This is probably the fix that TT decided not to give me on Monday after promising it to me on Friday!

Anyway, we were almost 2 weeks ahead of them on here!

I shall be submitting my bill for services rendered by recorded delivery to Holland!

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullyterrier wrote:
Can anyone try and work this out. I tried to do like was said above, but when I went to transfer the kate files after doing the Simon I was told that there is not enough space.

Download WinRar and install it to your PC you can get this software from This Page.

Once you have got the above done we can work on getting the files on to your device, I am going to double check my own instructions for this before posting any further instructions because it will involve overwriting files - Mike
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have winrar Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need roughly 47Mb space to install a TTS7 voice - back up and then remove some un-needed items to free up enough space.

Andy
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can delete all the voices if needed. At the minute I only have 11 mb free. Do I need to unintall the comp voices kate and simon?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete any computer and standard voices that you don't use.

I would leave Kate and Simon as is if you want to follow TTs advice to the letter.

Andy
what-are-the-chances
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
I don’t want to throw a fly in the ointment but I suspect it’s not the Loquendo per se that is causing the voice problems. I suspect this because my 520 (navcore x40) was working perfectly last night until I went into voices & selected / tested them to confirm that they were working ok. They were, but when I then planned a route & used demo I found that all sound had gone. When I went back into voices I found that they no longer worked when I ‘tested’ them.
I deleted & reinstalled Kate & Simon through home, that didn’t work
I installed the 'back-up' working copy of Loquendo but this didn’t help either.
I finally deleted the lot & reinstalled the complete working backup & all voices returned.
If it was just the Loquendo that was at fault replacing it with a proven working version would’ve fixed the problem, but it didn’t, I had to replace the whole OS, so it sound to me as if there is a setting somewhere else that is being affected by the voices & that is stopping them working.

Hi, this happened to me also, one minute working then no sound at all. The first time i couldn't get it back no matter what i tried. I thought the internal speaker had packed in. I rebuilt from my original back up and that worked. The second time i was out in my car when it happened, i plugged the power cable in and low and behold sound. I think there is a link between low battery power and the sound cutting out. Could your battery have been low when this happened to you.
what-are-the-chances
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgazza wrote:
Great idea. Someone who has done the upgrades, if its not too much to ask, to post the definitive voice link and Navcore link that seems to work the best would be most helpful as a seperate thread that could become a temporary sticky ?

Hi, ok this worked for me. No stuttering for the last 2 weeks ( Go520). Download the 8.2 navcore posted on this thread by AlandEi page 10 mon 17th nov check out link 'this thread' to download navcore 8.2

Then check out AndyVaughan post on this thread page 7 sun nov 16th download download the kate voice from link 'Kate TTS7 Full Loquendo Folder'

Remember to make a back up before doing any changes.
Install the 8.2 navcore, delete the Loquendo Folder and replace it with the kate one above.

Not sure what plus services this disables. You can find that out from other threads. This works great for me. Hope this helps.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what-are-the-chances wrote:
topgazza wrote:
Great idea. Someone who has done the upgrades, if its not too much to ask, to post the definitive voice link and Navcore link that seems to work the best would be most helpful as a seperate thread that could become a temporary sticky ?

Hi, ok this worked for me. No stuttering for the last 2 weeks ( Go520). Download the 8.2 navcore posted on this thread by AlandEi page 10 mon 17th nov check out link 'this thread' to download navcore 8.2

Then check out AndyVaughan post on this thread page 7 sun nov 16th download download the kate voice from link 'Kate TTS7 Full Loquendo Folder'

Remember to make a back up before doing any changes.
Install the 8.2 navcore, delete the Loquendo Folder and replace it with the kate one above.

Not sure what plus services this disables. You can find that out from other threads. This works great for me. Hope this helps.

I would do the LoquendoTTS folder first before installing a 8.2 Navcore - the Navcore replaces two files in the LoquensoTTS folder and I think the LoquendoTTS folder I posted was from 8.300, not 8.203 or 8.204

Other than that, excellent post and concise instructions!

Andy
clowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those concise instructions above, what do they produce, and what do they remedy?

I have navcire 8.3, and .15 maps. I used the v7 voice Andy uploaded and everything seems to work EXCEPT lag in the cursor moving, and the voice saying 'Turn left in 4 miles' when in the bottom corner it says 6...

How do I fix these 2 problems?
Thanks
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably wait for the next release of Navcore when TT fix the bugs (and introduce some more interesting "features")

or run x40 Navcore instead for a while if you don't mind losing a few features

Andy
clowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running 8.3 on a Go 920t... why would i be losing features using an x40s software?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 25 of 49

Jump to: