Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2009 maps - Install questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 maps - Install questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterSm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: 2009 maps - Install questions Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm after picking a few brains please with a couple of "newbie" questions if you don't mind please.....

I've just got the Garmin 2009 updates and loaded them up on the PC/Garmin 250W unit I have and have a couple of queries..

1/ When loading up it told me that that due to the increase in data, the 250W was no longer big enough to host the European maps it previously had and that I had to select one of the "cut-down" maps. As I'm primarily UK base i went for UK-IRE.

As the memory is low, I believe that you can install maps to the SD card, but I'm only been given the option to install on the unit or local folder, but guess if I have the SD card in my card reader I could use that? but would appreciate any advice.

2/ if i cant do that, whats the process to Update a map, say i wanted to go to france, would I have to uninstall UK then install france etc or can I add using the installer as well ??

3/ It comes with MapSource which looks like access to the maps on the PC but what else can it do ?

4/ If I can use the SD card can it store both map and POI data ??

Sorry if these are basic questions but any help gratefully accepted....
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2009 maps - Install questions Reply with quote

PeterSm wrote:
As the memory is low, I believe that you can install maps to the SD card, but I'm only been given the option to install on the unit or local folder, but guess if I have the SD card in my card reader I could use that? but would appreciate any advice.

That's correct.
Quote:
3/ It comes with MapSource which looks like access to the maps on the PC but what else can it do ?

It allows you to plan and prepare routes, waypoints, add favourites and more
Quote:
4/ If I can use the SD card can it store both map and POI data ??

Yes
PeterSm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Darren.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: