Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - FM Transmitter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

FM Transmitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need the v810 or earlier maps though which you had on the device prior to you updating to version 8,3 software and using the LMG.

As you have the newer 815 maps they will not work with the 8,010 application, unless you have a copy of what was on your device when you got it there is little you can do, although returning it to the supplier as defective is an option - where did you purchase it from? - Mike
NAM-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i Roll back to 8,010 and v810 map (i think my map is older)
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
It was purchased from satnaveasy.co.uk.
Is it possible to still purchase the 810 maps?If my memory serves me I think this device came with v7 maps and navcore.

I do usually back things up as a rule but in my haste to upgrade and try the LMG I totally forgot. DOH!

I have sent an email off to TT to see if they can help

regards
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you buy (rebuy?) your maps check that home hasn't kept a copy

When i upgraded mine it kept a copy of them in its download directory

It's easy to check if it has - open tomTom home
go to Add maps,traffic voices etc
Scroll to items on my computer
in my case i've got the current map (815) and the last map I downloaded (810) saved - you can load those maps onto your device from Home or do it manually. I also have navcore 8.01 and 8.3 saved there too..

BTW if this works for you IMMIDIATELY do a Windows Explorer back up becuase i don't trust the Home Software at all.
Personalyl I have 3 Explorer backups from key stages so i can roll back both maps and navcore as required.

DinAlt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of you have been asking how to go about returning the device to Navcore 8,010, have a read through this, it isn't difficult.....

THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH MAPS VERSION 810 OR EARLIER, IF YOU ONLY HAVE THE VERSION 815 MAPS DO NOT TRY THIS - IT WON'T WORK

The Navcore 8,010 software is still available from the servers at TomTom:

For Go x20 devices click Here

For Go x30 devices click Here

As always backup the unit BEFORE trying any update/ roll back just in case it goes wrong, to use this software your maps must be version 810 or earlier, if you try running Navcore 8,010 with a version 815 map installed when the device boots up you will get the "No Maps Found" message on the screen.

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the file :

navcore_8.010.9369.gox20 for Gox20
navcore_8.010.9369.gox30 for Gox30

Depending upon which one you downloaded and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,010 installation will take around 2 minutes.

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,010 and when you go the Change Preferences/ Speaker Preferences you will have the FM Tx option back - Mike
NAM-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:

in my case i've got the current map (815) and the last map I downloaded (810) saved - you can load those maps onto your device from Home or do it manually. I also have navcore 8.01 and 8.3 saved there too..

BTW if this works for you IMMIDIATELY do a Windows Explorer back up becuase i don't trust the Home Software at all.
Personalyl I have 3 Explorer backups from key stages so i can roll back both maps and navcore as required.

DinAlt

can i simply just drap the map directory off the tomtom i.e United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland and install that after the rollbacked navcore?
NAM-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so simple as that just drag the old navcore to the device and over write . Thumbs Up after expanding with winrar

so no harm will be done with my registration at other end then
NAM-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:

DinAlt

can i simply just drap the map directory off the tomtom i.e United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland and install that after the rollbacked navcore?
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that should be fine - remember you can't run the new 815 map with the old 8.1 core though

DinAlt
NAM-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:
Yes that should be fine - remember you can't run the new 815 map with the old 8.1 core though

DinAlt

got it thanks Thumbs Up
1ka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnation. I used FM spoken output on my motorbike. Now I can't do that. So, it's rollback everytime I switch between bike and car. Makes we wonder why I bothered with the map update. I think I'll investigate a different brand next time.

(rant)
Can't even use the line-out as the socket has dropped off the board. Can't use bluetooth as it's the stereo implementation that's not common with motorbike headsets. Why they didn't implement both stereo and mono I don't know. The Rider uses mono, so it should be easy to do.
(/rant)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few work-rounds you might consider...

A cheap iPod-style FM transmitter (you'd need to get the line out socket fixed, but any competent electronics bod could do that)

You don't say which model you have, but if it is one with an SD card slot, then instead of having to roll-back software versions, just keep two different SD cards, one with the old software and one with the new. Alternatively, if you've got both internal memory and an SD slot, keep one setup on the internal memory and one on an SD.

Try the Bluetooth fix described HERE (techie explanation in the first post, download in the second). I don't pretend to understand what it does exactly, but basically I think it forces the TomTom to accept "mobile phone-flavour" Bluetooth as well as "HiFi device flavour". It certainly worked with my Sony BT car radio that wouldn't pair with the TT without it.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: What frequency to use? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is any frequency that is not in use anywhere. the problem I am having is that listening to mp3 via FM transmitter to the car radio, I'm lucky if I can hear one song without interuption from a nearby radio transmission. So basically, is there a frequency available that will stay free as I travel around the country?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What frequency to use? Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any frequency that is not in use anywhere.

There is no such free frequency that covers the country, I use 106,3 for the North West and then 107,0 for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.

Dont forget the x20/ x30 units can remember two or three previously used frequencies, having these stored on both the device and the car radio as presets makes any alterations so much easier whilst on the move - Mike
TimsTomTom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What frequency to use? Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any frequency that is not in use anywhere.

In the South West [or deepest, darkest Dorset as we sometimes call it] I use 107.5.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: