Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.15 map out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.15 map out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest map for the Go530 is 8.15.2003 which Home tells me is 20 weeks out of date and needs corrections downloaded.

20 weeks old for a new map?
SpriteDiaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
When you download you latest map guarantee it puts a certificate against your device on their server so you can only download once, even if a another map comes out in those first thirty days. Just happened to me on the 530 so I have had to pay £6.95 for the 8.15.

Makes me wonder on the 940 if I download the Western Europe 8.15 on the guarantee and tomorrow the USA map is upgraded, will it let me have it or will that be a second download.

Well .... in this caseI shouldn't download the map yet! Anyway the download it's not finished yet ...should I stop it...and wait till the end of the 30 days, in case of another release??
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once somebody has managed to install the latest 815 map..because they let us know the last 4 digits of the version number.

x40 devices are still stating they have the latest map. But HOME is offering to sell the European map of 815 for 80 quid. This suggests they are not equivalant...or if they are, then this is going to cause a lot of confusion for x40 owners.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK and IE v8.15 map version in full is

v815.2003

iPhone 12
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my One V3 UK & Ireland

New map is v815.2024

Again I dont see many changes local to me either. Still the same problem with a tiny piece of road missing that means it takes me all round the houses !

Cleggy
marko123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: crappy Reply with quote

Got v815.2024 about 1 week ago and the maps are pathetic.

In Glasgow the bridge over the clyde that has been in existence for over 1 year is not on and the Clyde Expressway is still shown with all the old junctions! I really object to paying for a map the is RIDDLED with incorrect information.

Last edited by marko123 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Sean16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK & Ireland map for my 530 is now 815.2003.
Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently paid for tomtom update map service. When i log onto tomtom home it is asking me to pay for installing these new maps.

I was under the impression i have already paid for 3 updates for a year from tomtom?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new map, Western and Central Europe v815.2003, downloaded for no further payment, under my map update service. GO920T. It automatically transferred my existing POIs (one set of my own, plus all the pgpsw speed zoned cameras). Note - I don't have space problems for the downloads, because I have taken North America map away onto my PC Hard Disk, leaving loads of room on the 920T.

After first trying app8.300, I didn't like it, so reverted to app 8.010 then did the 815 map download which worked fine. Except that when I disconnected and fired it up, it said no maps found. So I was forced to update the application too. GRR, no FM transmission of navigation instructions.

The only difference I've noted is that my POI icons (including pgpsw speed cameras) now have a little pointer at the bottom, which has got to be down to TomTom, because I know there is no pointer in Gerry's bitmaps.

I'll be running this alongside a 720 which has neither the updated application, nor the updated map, so I'll be able to compare them.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now in the process of updating my maps after i disconnected my device and reconnected it.

Dennis how did you manage to move the North America map from the tomtom to your hard drive as i need to free up some space.

Thanks

Tanny
odonoghue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all just updated my tomtom 530 to new application to 8.3 and new map version number 8.15.2003 which has some new roads on it which are local to me (new roads are 18 months old) map was automatically when I connected to home as I have paid for a 12 month subscription.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanny wrote:
Dennis how did you manage to move the North America map from the tomtom to your hard drive as i need to free up some space.

Using Windows Explorer, I did my backup of the original 920 to my hard disk. After a few more such backups, I decided to dump the North America and Guam maps from my device (mainly because each backup took so long including them in it and they had never changed), so I simply deleted the Guam and North America folders from the 920, using Windows Explorer. If I ever want them, I can copy them back again from any one of the earlier Windows Explorer backups.

Tell me you do use Windows Explorer for your backups!

Flinx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: 910 with 815 no map showing up Reply with quote

I've just been offered the 815 map on Home so I allowed it to update. Once installed I noticed that it doesn't show up on the 910 even after a reboot! The folder and files seem to be there but do not work.

I don't have to activate them do I? And if I do, how? For the time being I've renamed the folder and reinstalled the old map (Western & Central Europe) from a backup.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the latest v8.30 of the navcore running right?

iPhone 12
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 910 with 815 no map showing up Reply with quote

Flinx wrote:
I've just been offered the 815 map on Home so I allowed it to update. Once installed I noticed that it doesn't show up on the 910 even after a reboot! The folder and files seem to be there but do not work.
What application version have you got on the 910? I was unable to use this map until I upgraded to Application v8.300, which I wouldn't think to be available for the 910. I wonder why you were offered map 815 for a GO910.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: