Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Live Services Not Working for Me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Live Services Not Working for Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waynesters
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure if any of you guys have tried this, let me know if it works for you ok?

first step is to reset your 940 sat navs via the factory reset, once it has rebooted, hold the power button on until you see the black screen with white writing on, then let go of the button

then simply plan a route, the HD LIVE services should now work....
after you have done this, go to where it says TOMTOM SERVICES and log in to your TOMTOM account, once you have logged in and it says your username and password have been accepted, then plan another route, you will now see that the HD LIVE services dont work! go to tomtom traffic in the menu system it will then come up with this stupid error code 2031

it appears to be that some units being shipped out come with this error, then all you do is reset the unit, but if you try and set up your account on the unit, it works, but then you cant get LIVE Services, i have no idea why, anyone got any ideas?
TomTom 940
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a pretty poor show really...... i've wasted a complete day trying to get this thing (940 live) working to no avail.... oh if you type your password and username in wrong it damn well knows that ain't right, but yet it still cant log on to the network when they are right. (error code 2031)
And, correct me if i'm wrong but i have to pay for an updated map because the map on the brand new 940 live is out of date...... are tt for real..... or am i not seeing the wood through the trees? not fit for purpose springs to mind!!

For £430.00 tt should be a little more proactive in ironing out the bugs and or faulty units. 9 am monday morning someone's gonna get it, and halfords will be swopping it for a navman.....
Waynesters
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, did you try my above potential fix mate?
TomTom 940
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waynesters wrote:
Justin, did you try my above potential fix mate?

2 or 3 times wayne...... but then a similar solution was posted on the avforum. i am supprised that you c.annot register the unit in my tomtom online instead of, on the unit itself
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justinedgington wrote:
And, correct me if i'm wrong but i have to pay for an updated map because the map on the brand new 940 live is out of date...... are tt for real..... or am i not seeing the wood through the trees? not fit for purpose springs to mind!!

Correcting you as you're wrong Very Happy

You are entitled to download the latest maps once within 30 days of first using the unit for free. It is in Home and it is called the Latest Map Guarantee.
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
justinedgington wrote:

Correcting you as you're wrong Very Happy

You are entitled to download the latest maps once within 30 days of first using the unit for free. It is in Home and it is called the Latest Map Guarantee.

i did see that and did wonder....... however after leaving it for the 2 hours 2 download it just reported errors i presumed it was a case of not paying for them. i stand corrected....... another bullet for the gun.
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr T is your unit now working?
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrT, Wayne did you get your units sorted out by tomtom, replaced them or are they still offline?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first unit had two issues, the live services issues which may have been a faulty unit (or could have been account and server issues) and severe overheating and smelling of burning). It eventually failed with only the orange/green LED on the switch remaining permanently lit until the battery went flat.

It went back and I received a replacement which has worked as expected (out of the box) for around 6 weeks so far. It was from the same supplier and the same batch.
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
My first unit had two issues, the live services issues which may have been a faulty unit (or could have been account and server issues) and severe overheating and smelling of burning). It eventually failed with only the orange/green LED on the switch remaining permanently lit until the battery went flat.

It went back and I received a replacement which has worked as expected (out of the box) for around 6 weeks so far. It was from the same supplier and the same batch.

good job...... just out of interest did you raise the issue with tomtom? did they offer a solution?
justinedgington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sorted...... tomtom support is useless!! exchanged the unit live services work now
itaylort
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just bougth my 540 and had the same 2031 error issue when logged in on the unit.

I thought it could have been a conflict with either the fact that my 530 is still registered to the email address with tomtom or the fact i have an existing speed cam subscription running.

I logged in to tomtom home with another email address which was regisetered with tomtom with no devices associated with it,connected the 540 logged in to tomtom services on the unit and the traffic works fine now while i am logged in.

Woth a try for while you wait for tomtom to sort it out

Laughing
Ian
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you pls confirm that you logged on to tomtom home with a new email address, or an existing one that was already registered to a different device, but on a pc with a new installation of home?
itaylort
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an account i had a few years ago with a ipaq and Nav 6.

It is an active account on tomtom website. I think you need to be registered.
Also you need to log into tomtom home with the new login. It will tell you the 540 is not connected to the new account , and do you want to etc.
This is the same PC and the same Home install.

After this you can log in with the new user on your goand hopefully it will now have all the traffic etc. There is no need to reset the device to enter the new email address. Just go to 'My tomtom account' in preferences.

I have an active query with tomtom reference the traffic issue and it has been passed to the 2nd line support.
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am confused as I thought you could only have one device registered with one email address.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: